Questions regarding Nitro 5 (AN515-52) and fan settings.

JovenChng
JovenChng Member Posts: 32 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello there! Thank you for clicking into this page.

Firstly, does my model of Nitro 5 laptop have dustdefender built-in? If not, do i have to install it myself?
Secondly, is there any side effects of turning the fans to maximum speed, other than the noise?

Thank you for answering my questions!

Best Answer

Answers

• Have you checked the acer quick access program if dust defender is enabled?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JovenChng
    edited December 2018
    Have you checked the acer quick access program if dust defender is enabled?
    There is no dustdefender in quick access program. However, there is CoolBoost.
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    As far as I know only the Acer V Nitro has this feature. The standard Nitro 5 is not DustDefender equipped. CoolBoost works well for heat dissipation, but I still manually clean my laptop about once a year.

• JovenChng
    tobimaru said:
    As far as I know only the Acer V Nitro has this feature. The standard Nitro 5 is not DustDefender equipped. CoolBoost works well for heat dissipation, but I still manually clean my laptop about once a year.

Oh.. thank you! But may i ask, how i manually clean my laptop?
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    JovenChng said:
    tobimaru said:

A can of pressurized air works great to blow the dust out of the intakes on the bottom of the laptop. The majority should blow out the back. After which, boot up and set the fan speed to high to blow the remainder out. Caution; don't turn the can upside down when spraying or a liquid will come out that may harm you and/or your laptop.
  • JovenChng
    tobimaru said:
    JovenChng said:
    tobimaru said:

A can of pressurized air works great to blow the dust out of the intakes on the bottom of the laptop. The majority should blow out the back. After which, boot up and set the fan speed to high to blow the remainder out. Caution; don't turn the can upside down when spraying or a liquid will come out that may harm you and/or your laptop.
    Ohh, okay. Thank you!!