image

Questions regarding Nitro 5 (AN515-52) and fan settings.

JovenChngJovenChng Member Posts: 32 Enthusiast
Hello there! Thank you for clicking into this page.

Firstly, does my model of Nitro 5 laptop have dustdefender built-in? If not, do i have to install it myself?
Secondly, is there any side effects of turning the fans to maximum speed, other than the noise?

Thank you for answering my questions!

Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

  • Have you checked the acer quick access program if dust defender is enabled?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

               
      egydiocoelho Trailblazer
     
    ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JovenChngJovenChng Member Posts: 32 Enthusiast
    edited December 2018
    Have you checked the acer quick access program if dust defender is enabled?
    There is no dustdefender in quick access program. However, there is CoolBoost.
  • tobimarutobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner
    Answer ✓
    As far as I know only the Acer V Nitro has this feature. The standard Nitro 5 is not DustDefender equipped. CoolBoost works well for heat dissipation, but I still manually clean my laptop about once a year.


  • JovenChngJovenChng Member Posts: 32 Enthusiast
    tobimaru said:
    As far as I know only the Acer V Nitro has this feature. The standard Nitro 5 is not DustDefender equipped. CoolBoost works well for heat dissipation, but I still manually clean my laptop about once a year.


    Oh.. thank you! But may i ask, how i manually clean my laptop?
  • tobimarutobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner
    JovenChng said:
    tobimaru said:
    As far as I know only the Acer V Nitro has this feature. The standard Nitro 5 is not DustDefender equipped. CoolBoost works well for heat dissipation, but I still manually clean my laptop about once a year.


    Oh.. thank you! But may i ask, how i manually clean my laptop?
    A can of pressurized air works great to blow the dust out of the intakes on the bottom of the laptop. The majority should blow out the back. After which, boot up and set the fan speed to high to blow the remainder out. Caution; don't turn the can upside down when spraying or a liquid will come out that may harm you and/or your laptop.
  • JovenChngJovenChng Member Posts: 32 Enthusiast
    tobimaru said:
    JovenChng said:
    tobimaru said:
    As far as I know only the Acer V Nitro has this feature. The standard Nitro 5 is not DustDefender equipped. CoolBoost works well for heat dissipation, but I still manually clean my laptop about once a year.


    Oh.. thank you! But may i ask, how i manually clean my laptop?
    A can of pressurized air works great to blow the dust out of the intakes on the bottom of the laptop. The majority should blow out the back. After which, boot up and set the fan speed to high to blow the remainder out. Caution; don't turn the can upside down when spraying or a liquid will come out that may harm you and/or your laptop.
    Ohh, okay. Thank you!!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online967

Acer-Monica
Acer-Monica
Acer-Samuel
Acer-Samuel
FadyWilliam
FadyWilliam
GleydsonV
GleydsonV
isabelaft
isabelaft
Kno63
Kno63
luxstrom96
luxstrom96
MaxGarridan
MaxGarridan
MsMell
MsMell
NeoGeo
NeoGeo
PaulinXp
PaulinXp
RenanVilela
RenanVilela
UWEDA
UWEDA
ValdemarMagnusson
ValdemarMagnusson
XxGREGORYXx
XxGREGORYXx
+952 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Assistance by Acer


Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers