Aspire V 17 Nitro (VN7-791G-792A) won't power on?

stardogchamp
stardogchamp Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hi all.  Purchased this laptop in July '15, installed Windows 10, everything has been fine.  Until yesterday... pressed the power button, and ...nothing.  I always keep it plugged in, the battery light is on (blue) showing a full charge.

I removed the power cord, hoping to let the battery run down, but as yet the light has only gone to yellow (meaning low power).  Other than that, it is totally unresponsive.  I tried holding down the power button for different lengths of time, but still nothing.

Besides this, are there any suggestions?  Anyone else experienced this?

Answers

• Hello,

I would try resetting the battery using the pinhole reset button located in the bottom.

France
  • stardogchamp
    stardogchamp Member Posts: 2 New User

Today I learned...

Thanks for the reply!  That worked, I hadn't noticed the reset.  Powered on just fine!

• You're welcome

... The paperclip is the best tool of IT! Smiley Very Happy

France
  • jwgoley
    jwgoley Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer Chromebook 11 and need to reset the battery, but I don't see a pinhole on the bottom to do so.  Do you know where it is located for this particular Acer product.  (CB3-111)

• Hi jwgoley,

What is your issue exactly? Could you describe it?

France
  • gardner
    gardner Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am having the same problem.  I was using my laptop the other day, same model.  It turned itself off and now it wont power up or even charge.  The blue and orange LEDs dont even come on when the power adapter is plugged in.  Got a new adapter thinking maybe it was fried, but that wasnt it.  I tried the battery reset as well, nothing.  Any thoughts?