Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Dolby Atmos issue on new windows

FokA00FokA00 Posts: 6Member New User
I recently upgraded my SSD so I downloaded the windows again with the windows tool without backup. The windows is authenticated and installed fine, all the drivers downloaded from the ACER website also work fine but I have one issue, my dolby atmos has disappeared and the sound of the speakers without dolby is horrendous. I searched the issue on this forum and I came across some thing like DAX2 folder containing the dolby atmos file but when I try to install it gives the following error, 'Both Dolby Audio driver and API needs to be installed'. I cannot find a solution to this. The other thread about this has a link which does not work anymore. Anyone have a wrap around? 
Can anyone upload the driver mentioned in this post:
https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/501900/dobly-not-installing?&breakffcache=b8164
 or provide another link for it and mention it here? 
Model: Predator 15 g9-593- 1060
Many thanks. 

FAQ & Answers

• sri369sri369 Posts: 1,713ACE Pathfinder
    Install realtek audio drivers for your laptop from acer site.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    I am not an Acer employee.
    Your issue could get better coverage and more answers if posted in forums than in a message to me.

---------
    User benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/10977437

• FokA00FokA00 Posts: 6Member New User
    I did install them from the website. Realtek works fine, Im concerned about the dolby atmos software being lost and not being able to install it from the directory present in the audio driver zip from the acer website. Your answer does not solve my problem
  • sri369sri369 Posts: 1,713ACE Pathfinder
    FokA00 said:
    I did install them from the website. Realtek works fine, Im concerned about the dolby atmos software being lost and not being able to install it from the directory present in the audio driver zip from the acer website. Your answer does not solve my problem
    Dolby does not have separate drivers. They are installed as part of realtek.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    I am not an Acer employee.
    Your issue could get better coverage and more answers if posted in forums than in a message to me.

---------
    User benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/10977437

Nope, it isnt. I cant access anything from dolby as before. No equalizer and my laptop sound is *****.
    No solution to this then?