HDD Not showing in This PC after Accidentally Creating Intel Rapid Storage Technology, Please Help

mihirganeshjoshi
mihirganeshjoshi Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
@IronFly
Hi,
My device is Acer Predator 15 G9-593.
I'm from India. NEED HELP !
I accidentally created a Volume in Intel Rapid Storage Technology Utility after which my entire drive is not visible.
I read your post regarding the issue. However, I have a question with regards to delete.bat file in the tool provided by you.
your code is as follows:

@echo off
drvload iaAHCIC.inf
drvload iaStorAC.inf

rstcli64.exe --manage --delete OEMRAID0
rstcli64.exe --manage --delete Volume_0000
echo Done!
pause
exit

Since it contains "rstcli64.exe --manage --delete OEMRAID0" will it also delete my factory setting of Alt+F10 in my laptop which is used for resetting the Acer Laptop.
What if I edit the delete.bat by removing "
rstcli64.exe --manage --delete OEMRAID0" and then run the file? Will it work?
The code is as follows:

@echo off
drvload iaAHCIC.inf
drvload iaStorAC.inf

rstcli64.exe --manage --delete Volume_0000
echo Done!
pause
exit

Please explain me the difference. Also please see these Images for my issue.

Answers

• mihirganeshjoshi
    Please Help me soon @IronFly
  • amitdadri
    amitdadri Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho can you help, same problem @brummyfan2 @Dimok

• amitdadri

Tinkerer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    First make sure the disk is online in cmd as administrator: type diskpart, list disk

Then verify that by uninstalling intel rapid storage, the drive is seen again
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    amitdadri said:
    @egydiocoelho can you help, same problem @brummyfan2 @Dimok

Hi,
    Method 2 resolved the problem for me in the past but I lost all stored data on the drive(I didn't mind at all as I have a regular backup), so be aware that you will loose data on the drive.
    http://www.eassos.com/how-to/hard-drive-not-showing-up.php

• Commodore_1995#
    edited October 2018
    @brummyfan2! If it tries to recover the array by pressing ctrl + i when restarting the notebook, can it recover the drive?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    @egydiocoelho
    I haven't tried that, initialising the drive only worked for me.
  • amitdadri

Tinkerer

thanks for replying @egydiocoelho
     , @brummyfan2
     the other disk is not visible in the cmd please find attached the pic 
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited October 2018

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mihirganeshjoshi
    Well I have myself successfully managed to find the solution to this issue and will post a detailed procedure for this issue and I request those who are facing this issue not to panic but in the entire process they will eventually loose their data on the drive(HDD) which disappeared..

kindly wait for 1-2 days I will be posting a detailed process and this works 100%.. as I have myself fixed the issue with my Predator 15 Laptop.
  • mihirganeshjoshi
    As per this solution posted, it will remove my Original Recovery Partition as well. This will not let me use Alt+F10 feature of Acer. For this I have developed a technical solution which was not even provided by Acer Care to me. Very Disappointing as never expected from them. Will be posting the solution. Do consider the effort.
  • @mihirganeshjoshi You can try changing the rst with optane mode to ahci but this will break the array, but I think it will make the hd be seen again! However it is risky and I recommend you make a backup of the files before!
    Turn on safe mode:

Then reboot and change to rst with optane to ahci! However not all notebook models have this option in bios!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• As per this solution posted, it will remove my Original Recovery Partition as well. This will not let me use Alt+F10 feature of Acer. For this I have developed a technical solution which was not even provided by Acer Care to me. Very Disappointing as never expected from them. Will be posting the solution. Do consider the effort.
    I'd like to know what solution you've used! In this solution does the user also lose the files? Could you pass on to me in detail?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I would uninstall third-party apps that I do not usually use! You do not need norton because windows already has the defender!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mihirganeshjoshi
    @mihirganeshjoshi You can try changing the rst with optane mode to ahci but this will break the array, but I think it will make the hd be seen again! However it is risky and I recommend you make a backup of the files before!
    Turn on safe mode:

Then reboot and change to rst with optane to ahci! However not all notebook models have this option in bios!

This doesn’t work with the Predator series as the BIOS functionality is limited and locked by the manufacturer and the SATA mode is locked in BIOS. As regards using Intel optane, it is not supported by the Acer Predator devices such as Predator Helios 300 or Predator 15/17
  • mihirganeshjoshi
    As per this solution posted, it will remove my Original Recovery Partition as well. This will not let me use Alt+F10 feature of Acer. For this I have developed a technical solution which was not even provided by Acer Care to me. Very Disappointing as never expected from them. Will be posting the solution. Do consider the effort.
    I'd like to know what solution you've used! In this solution does the user also lose the files? Could you pass on to me in detail?
    I will be posting the detailed solution in 1 or 2 days as mentioned in my Post this day
  • @mihirganeshjoshi In this your solution, did you lose the files that were in HD?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mihirganeshjoshi
    @mihirganeshjoshi In this your solution, did you lose the files that were in HD?
    Well when you create a RAID using intel Rapid Storage, before creating the same it prompts you that your data on the drive will be lost.

Basically Intel Rapid Storage Technology is a software used in servers for Mirror Backup. So in that case when you create a RAID, your SSD becomes your master disk & the HDD becomes your Mirror Backup Disk and therefore it disappears. So the data on SSD gets Mirror Backuped on the HDD so when we  get back the drive using my solution eventually you will have a exact copy of yours Windows Drive(drive on which Windows installed).
    This HDD will be visible when your SSD gets corrupted or useless and this HDD will prevent your system failure. This software(Intel Rapid Storage Technology) in the background will help the machine to understand these instructions of saving your machine.

so in short: you have already lost your data, if you have created a RAID Partition.
    Hope this was helpful for understanding...
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited October 2018
    The mirroring issue I already knew, because this notebook has raid 0! However I'm interested to know what your solution was! In this case would you just disconnect ssd to break the array and force the hd to be seen? Or did you use another solution?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mihirganeshjoshi
    The mirroring issue I already knew, because this notebook has raid 0! However I'm interested to know what your solution was! In this case would you just disconnect ssd to break the array and force the hd to be seen? Or did you use another solution?
    Nope it won't work. A Non technical Solution i read was that you will have to format both your SSD & HDD for removing everything...