Helios 300 Laptop charge switches on and off. Laptop turns off after 30 minutes without charger?

Options
2»

Answers

• eminem2ka9
    eminem2ka9 Member Posts: 68 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Ideally you test with an identical power adapter before you buy to make sure that the problem is on the power adapter!
    unfortunately i don't know anybody who would have this type of power adapter. i looked around the house, found a few but none of them either fit, didn't have the proper wattage or the laptop simply didn't even react. (these were old chargers). i know that the laptop itself is fine, because if it can sit on my lap and i can manipulate the charge with my hand then surely it can't be anything more than the charger itself?
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Ideally you test with an identical power adapter before you buy to make sure that the problem is on the power adapter!
    unfortunately i don't know anybody who would have this type of power adapter. i looked around the house, found a few but none of them either fit, didn't have the proper wattage or the laptop simply didn't even react. (these were old chargers). i know that the laptop itself is fine, because if it can sit on my lap and i can manipulate the charge with my hand then surely it can't be anything more than the charger itself?

Unfortunately having only one charger makes it difficult to tell if its the charger or the power port of the laptop.

Since we are not around how you use your laptop it's difficult for us to determine what caused it.

Obviously starting with replacing the charger is the cheaper and easier test and hopefully thats whats causing the issue.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I agree with colleague @Red-Sand! However you have ruled out the possibility of being a problem on the battery and the dc-in cable! However, it is possible that the power adapter cable is "broken" inside and therefore causing this bad contact! But I can not say with 100% certainty, because I have no way to test this personally!
    Do not you know anyone at your place of work or college, if you are studying, have this model of notebook for you to test?
    You can take the notebook in a computer store and check if there is a possibility of testing with another power adapter!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • eminem2ka9
    eminem2ka9 Member Posts: 68 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    got a new charger, and its working. so it was the charger all along, at least now i also have an extra pin just in case. thank you folks for your input, the charger was costly but it was worth it for this gorgeous beast of a machine.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    Glad you could solve the problem, my friend! I think the old power adapter wire should be broken inside and so it presented the problem! Click promote or enjoy and put the topic as solved!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)