Will Acer add support to Creators Update for Acer Liquid Jade Primo?

Answers

• luke_singer
    luke_singer Member Posts: 54 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited July 2018
    To install the latest cumulative update for Acer Liquid Jade Primo on Anniversary Update, follow these easy steps:
    From your PC
    1. Download Interop Tools  from your PC, extract the file InteropToolsApp_1.9.437.0_arm.appxbundle and copy it on your OneDrive
    From your Phone
    2. Go on your phone and download the InteropToolsApp_1.9.437.0_arm.appxbundle file from OneDrive, putting it into your phone (for example in the Downloads folder)
    3. Enable the Developer mode: Settings -> Update & Security -> For developers -> Developer mode 
    4. Open "File explorer" app, launch the InteropToolsApp_1.9.437.0_arm.appxbundle file, press OK to confirm and wait a few minutes
    5. Now the Interop Tools app should be installed, you can launch it
    6. Open the "Registry browser" section and go to HKLM\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo
    7. Edit the following keys with these new values:

PhoneHardwareVariant: RM-1040
    PhoneManufacturer: NOKIA
    PhoneManufacturerModelName: RM-1040_1020
    PhoneModelName: Lumia 730 Dual Sim 

8. Now you can restart your phone and Check for updates. You'll receive the latest build 14393.2363
    9. After the update, you can open Interop Tools and restore the keys to the original values, uninstall Interop Tools, disable the Developer mode and finally restart your phone

There are the original values:

PhoneHardwareVariant: ALS58M3G32G
    PhoneManufacturer: ACERINC
    PhoneManufacturerModelName: S58xWWxGEN1
    PhoneModelName: S58
  • FizzyLiftingDrink
    FizzyLiftingDrink Member Posts: 1 New User

Using registry entries for the 950XL dual sim, I currently have my Liquid Jade Primo running 1709 (10.0.15254.490).  Doesn't seem to be super stable.  It's crashed a couple times and after installation the lock screen stayed on when I pressed the power button.  Thank you boldun2 for this:

The only annoyance was that the lock screen stayed permanently on (I managed to cure this by doing a hard reset and then also toggling Personalisation/Navigation Bar/Vibration (which involved a reboot - not sure that hard reset was in fact necessary).

Not sure how you came across that, but the lock screen situation forced me to abandon this phone a few months back.

I have just done a restore from my old phone (Lumia 650--excellent phone, just wanted more horsepower).  I will have to go through the lock screen "fix" and see how stable it is over a couple of days before I'll commit to making it my daily driver.  Really bothers me that Microsoft completely botched Windows Phone/Windows Mobile.  iOS and Android are fine, but FAR from perfect.  Plenty of room for a third mobile OS, but Microsoft really blew a golden opportunity.  Windows Phone 7 was a disaster.  And now guess what iOS and Android are doing?  Continuum-like functionality.  Gee, how revolutionary.

• luke_singer
    edited August 2018
    With the today's update (via registry change =)), now I'm on this new build 14393.2431.
    This beautiful phone still works great on Anniversary Update! 
    Acer and Microsoft should absolutely release it officially.

• Damionix
    Damionix Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello Guys, 
    I hate to do this, but I am desperate and have no other place to turn to. My Liquid Jade Primo is stuck in a Boot loop and I have used Windows Device Recovery to reset it to original Factory settings and it's just stuck on the Acer Logo, and keep rebooting and once it sits there for a while. I am not sure what else to do. The Phone is out of warranty. 

I have done this as well

1. Turn off the phone by pressing the "Power" button for a short while.
    2. Then press and hold the "Volume Down" and "Power" button for a few seconds.
    3. At the exclamation mark screen, release the held button and perform the following sequence of button presses:
      - Volume Up
      - Volume Down
      - Power
      - Volume Down
    Any other suggestion on how I can bring this to life will be much appreciated. 

Thanks
  • luke_singer
    Have you tried to remove the SIM and SD Card?
  • boldun2
    boldun2 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Thank you, Microsoft: their software-as-a-service this month updated my Jade Primo to Fall Creators Update (1709) build 10.0.15254.527 (2018-08) – No new features, just bugs and security. I must say that the 'Windows 10' solution of not being locked in to one supplier (like Apple) nor being dependent on the Manufacturer or Phone Network for updates  (like Android) seems ideal to me. Microsoft just knows how to make their software install on different hardware...
    Only one minor annoyance: I had to toggle /Settings/Personalisation/Navigation bar/Vibration to get the power button to turn off the screen (requires a reboot).
  • Damionix
    Damionix Member Posts: 2 New User
    Have you tried to remove the SIM and SD Card?
    Yes. I did all this with the SIM and SD card out of the phone. I should mention that is a very brief (half a second) flash of purple on the lower right of the screen sometimes before the phone boots up to the acer logo and then the loops begins. 
    Redid WDRT, and it's same thing. I do have to mention that WDRT does not detect the phone, I have to manually select it. When I put it in Gear mode, it detects the phone, other than that, it does not. Could be it a hardware issue?
  • Believer
    Believer Member Posts: 6 New User
    With the today's update (via registry change =)), now I'm on this new build 14393.2431.
    This beautiful phone still works great on Anniversary Update! 
    Acer and Microsoft should absolutely release it officially.

Installed the same (14393.2431) on mine back on Sept. 1st. No issues, and it got rid of the annoying message about running an outdated version of Windows Phone. But I'd really like to follow in Boldun2's shoes and get the Creator Update. I just don't have the courage to tempt fate....  :)
  • boldun2
    boldun2 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Believer said:
    Installed the same (14393.2431) on mine back on Sept. 1st. No issues, and it got rid of the annoying message about running an outdated version of Windows Phone. But I'd really like to follow in Boldun2's shoes and get the Creator Update. I just don't have the courage to tempt fate....  :)
    Dare I ask what is the version of the camera app in 14393.2431: in 15254.527 my camera app is 2017.1003.21.2000 and this is the one feature where I subjectively feel Creators Update gives an improvement over the earlier 14393 version I used to run… especially speed of focus.
  • luke_singer
    edited September 2018
    I've installed the latest build 14393.2485 with success (via registry edit =)). Everything works fine. 
    The Camera app has the version 2017.1003.21.2000. The focus speed has been improved a lot since months ago
  • Believer
    I've installed the latest build 14393.2485 with success (via registry edit =)). Everything works fine. 
    The Camera app has the version 2017.1003.21.2000. The focus speed has been improved a lot since months ago

I don't know what version of Camera is included with 14393.2431 (I haven't used the app since I updated), but I hope it fixes the focus problem. I needed 3 and sometimes 4 attempts to get a clear photo the last time I used it.
  • 1vJoost
    1vJoost Member Posts: 1 New User
    I think I've got it all working. Downloading .530 now. I am documenting my second jade update and will put it here when done. (2 days from scratch due to waiting and downloading)
  • Believer
    boldun2 said:
    Believer said:
    Dare I ask what is the version of the camera app in 14393.2431: in 15254.527 my camera app is 2017.1003.21.2000 and this is the one feature where I subjectively feel Creators Update gives an improvement over the earlier 14393 version I used to run… especially speed of focus.

boldun2: The Camera app with 14393.2431 and .2485 is the same as what you have (2017.1003.21.2000).
  • Greywolf1967
    Greywolf1967 Member Posts: 46 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I think I found one of the keys to the issue of the screen staying blank after update.....
      After one update ( download, prep, install, and migrate), when the phone restarted the screen was black, no amount of power button presses would turn the screen on. I still had the OTC app running on PC, plugged the phone back in and the next update downloaded and sent to phone. I then unplugged my sync/charge cable from the phone and set it in my dock. Continuum popped up and my monitor was on desk top and the screen on my phone was now on. It is working like it should and the update is still running in the background.

If I have any issues with a screen that does not turn off as I go I will try the same to see.....I will update as I go.
  • Greywolf1967
    Ok further to last post, on the next update pre 1709, the screen stayed on even after a press of the power button.....In software the screen is off, but you will see no clock and the screen will not react to touch until you press the power button again. Had to go into settings/Personalization/NavigationBar and turn off vibration, then restart.....this does not fix yet, return to settings and turn vibration back on and restart again......now screen will turn off 
  • Greywolf1967
    About to attempt first hard reset to remove all Reg. Edits.........

• Greywolf1967
    Hard Reset finished.... Initial set up complete...updating apps as we speak.
    Only one minor ( and I do mean minor bug that I see ), time zone issue during first set up....only -8:00 was available. However location is on and auto time set is active....when set up was finished the correct time is showing. I am Eastern -5:00 and in settings there is no drop down menu to select as such...so I do not know how this will play out but I am going to run for a bit and see.
     The only other thing I notice is when the phone loads up from a power off or a restart it seems to take a little longer to run through it's screens to get to lock screen. Once it's running I swear it seems faster......could be just the new feeling of an update.....oh well time will tell.
  • Greywolf1967
     LOL after a few hours it reverts back to screen staying on ...balls
  • GrilledCheese
    GrilledCheese Member Posts: 1 New User
    I got my acer running the latest version Fall Creators Update for Windows Mobile 10
  • Greywolf1967
    Well after trial and error after error... I've got the phone stable and working like a charm.