Will Acer add support to Creators Update for Acer Liquid Jade Primo?

124»

Answers

• boldun2
    boldun2 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

October update to Windows 1709 build 10.0.15254.538 went OK, though I needed two attempts and then a backup / reset / restore sequence (takes time, but it is comforting to be on latest patch).
    I don't notice any improvements, it's just "security updates to Microsoft Edge, Windows apps, Windows graphics, and Windows kernel".

• boldun2

Tinkerer

October update 1709 2018-10 downloaded to give 10.0.15254.538; needed 2 attempts and then to get the screen to turn off a hard reset (which takes up time!).
    I see no performance difference and by all accounts this is a security update, also correcting a bug in Edge's handling of 3rd-party cookies…  but it's good to be up to date!

• luke_singer
    luke_singer Member Posts: 54 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited October 2018
    I've installed the new build 14393.2551 of Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update. Everything works fine. I love this phone! =)
  • ceph_1
    ceph_1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    hello, there is some way to update the terminal without changing the registry with interop tools
    the failure they commented on when updating, about the lock screen has some possible solution :'(

---->why did i bought this phone nooooo,well is done any solution

• Greywolf1967
    Greywolf1967 Member Posts: 46 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    ceph_1 said:
    hello, there is some way to update the terminal without changing the registry with interop tools
    the failure they commented on when updating, about the lock screen has some possible solution :'(

Acer dropped support of the phone, so there is no official way to update the phone. It's a shame that they (Acer), only wish to sell junk now and do not place any regard to the consumer. Who knows this may even get clipped by a Mod as it speaks poorly of Acer Support...but we'll see.

I would suggest you look to youtube or XDA Forum to learn how best to Update your Phone, as the use of interop tools is the only way.
     The good news is once you learn to update and get into the Anniversary Update the Phone is a beast !!!!!

If Acer had gone back and fixed the issues with their phone, it would have kept me in the Acer family......
     When I replaced my Laptop, I went with HP ( As they have Honor and they have kept their Windows Phone Updated)
     Soon my Game rig will be replaced......am I looking at Acer to fill the bill......Nope.

I can honestly say I have not even seen a good review of an Acer product since the Acer W3 ( which I still have and consider it to be one of the last Good Acer devices). 
  • ceph_1
    ceph_1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2018
    ceph_1 said:

Acer dropped support of the phone, so there is no official way to update the phone. It's a shame that they (Acer), only wish to sell junk now and do not place any regard to the consumer. Who knows this may even get clipped by a Mod as it speaks poorly of Acer Support...but we'll see.

I would suggest you look to youtube or XDA Forum to learn how best to Update your Phone, as the use of interop tools is the only way.
     The good news is once you learn to update and get into the Anniversary Update the Phone is a beast !!!!!

If Acer had gone back and fixed the issues with their phone, it would have kept me in the Acer family......
     When I replaced my Laptop, I went with HP ( As they have Honor and they have kept their Windows Phone Updated)
     Soon my Game rig will be replaced......am I looking at Acer to fill the bill......Nope.

I can honestly say I have not even seen a good review of an Acer product since the Acer W3 ( which I still have and consider it to be one of the last Good Acer devices). 

Thanks, I think there's nothing like the lumias phones, especially the camera. I bought the terminal because I thought that Windows Mobile 10 is still alive, haha, so long without reading anything about OS and now I know it is dead ¯ \ _ (ツ) _ / ¯.

I can actually update the phone to AU last build and still work great no lock screen issue.

Thanks for the tips.

• boldun2

Tinkerer

December 2018 update received automatically with no issues; version=10.0.15254.544. This apparently includes a 'servicing stack update' which may ensure that future updates install well…
  • daerobi
    daerobi Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    To install the latest cumulative update for Acer Liquid Jade Primo on Anniversary Update, follow these easy steps:
    From your PC
    1. Download Interop Tools  from your PC, extract the file InteropToolsApp_1.9.437.0_arm.appxbundle and copy it on your OneDrive
    From your Phone
    2. Go on your phone and download the InteropToolsApp_1.9.437.0_arm.appxbundle file from OneDrive, putting it into your phone (for example in the Downloads folder)
    3. Enable the Developer mode: Settings -> Update & Security -> For developers -> Developer mode 
    4. Open "File explorer" app, launch the InteropToolsApp_1.9.437.0_arm.appxbundle file, press OK to confirm and wait a few minutes
    5. Now the Interop Tools app should be installed, you can launch it
    6. Open the "Registry browser" section and go to HKLM\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo
    7. Edit the following keys with these new values:

PhoneHardwareVariant: RM-1040
    PhoneManufacturer: NOKIA
    PhoneManufacturerModelName: RM-1040_1020
    PhoneModelName: Lumia 730 Dual Sim 

8. Now you can restart your phone and Check for updates. You'll receive the latest build 14393.2363
    9. After the update, you can open Interop Tools and restore the keys to the original values, uninstall Interop Tools, disable the Developer mode and finally restart your phone

There are the original values:

PhoneHardwareVariant: ALS58M3G32G
    PhoneManufacturer: ACERINC
    PhoneManufacturerModelName: S58xWWxGEN1
    PhoneModelName: S58
    I got this phone but I couldn't install the tool 

• daerobi
    i got this phone to but the tool would not install
  • daerobi
    daerobi said:
    i got this phone to but the tool would not install any ideas why it would not install

• luke_singer
    luke_singer Member Posts: 54 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited April 2019
    If you are on the old TH2 build of Windows 10 Mobile (10586.x), you have to use the Device Portal to install the .appxbundle file in your phone:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10-mobile/acer-liquid-jade-primo-upgrade-to-au-cu-t3589156

NB. To connect to Device Portal, you have to enable "Device discovery" and "Device Portal" in your phone's settings:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/debug-test-perf/device-portal-mobile
  • boldun2

Tinkerer

tas said:
    I don`t think lazy Acer team can do something about update. I updated via windows insider a few months before, i still use 15063.850 and it works fine.

boldun2 said:
    October update to Windows 1709 build 10.0.15254.538 went OK, though I needed two attempts and then a backup / reset / restore sequence (takes time, but it is comforting to be on latest patch).
    I don't notice any improvements, it's just "security updates to Microsoft Edge, Windows apps, Windows graphics, and Windows kernel".

boldun2 said:

The last-ever [15254.600] security update for windows-10-mobile installed without hitch in December 2019:  I wonder how long the Windows Store will remain open…

• DenTo
    DenTo Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also updated to last Dec 12B 1709 update. Works really well and compared to AU1607 faster and no lack of PWA apps. Only i must turn off vibration on navi bar and restart to get work screen off, wifi stability and auto brightness without bugs. For me is FCU working better than AU, on AU i had Wifi, LTE network issues and keyboard small layout bug. I love this phone, light, crispy color screen and very good call sound, and Winmo10😉