Terrible Warranties and Customer Service. Don't Buy Acer

Fergus2550
Fergus2550 Member Posts: 1 New User
I own an expensive high end monitor I purchased from Acer one year ago. The monitor no longer works but is covered under warranty. Acers warranty policy is they will fix my monitor but that it's my responsibility to get the monitor back to them. I have been to FedEx, Staples, and UHaul and none of them can provide the proper sized box and packaging materials that I would have had to purchase on my own but cant find anyway. I then called Acer Customer Service who told me there is nothing they can do, no way they can help and they have zero suggestions for me as to how to get this monitor back to them. Only that they will fix it but its my responsibility to get it back to them and to continue to spend my time and money figuring out how to do that? Terrible warranty policy and even worse customer service providing their customers with zero solutions if they have an issue. They had no issue taking my money but now that I have a faulty product not very helpful in fixing it or helping me help them get it to them so they can fix it. Horrible warranty policy. I will never buy Acer again. They didn't even offer to send me a new one and send the faulty one back to them in that box. Only that they are sorry and cant help me. I am a professional service provider for 20 years and this is the worse service I have come across.

Comments

• Fergus2550 
    Sorry to hear about your experience, just to clarify, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. This community is not a direct portal to Customer service, although you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members here.

Please send a private message to Acer-Manny with the serial number of your device so that they can check the case notes and help you address your concerns.
    https://community.acer.com/en/messages/add/Acer-Manny 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • malcojus
    malcojus Member Posts: 1 New User
    Have just had a very similar terrible customer service experience. It's not that the agents are bad, it's Acer's own internal policies regarding how and who can help customers. I have wasted so much time on this issue of getting a repaired monitor that I am left with a very bad taste in my mouth about Acer as a company and will likely never buy another Acer product due to this poor customer experience.

Acer, empower your teams, regardless of their roles, to assist users! It's expected in 2019 that you have proper support functions as a large company. I can't believe every team i've called, chatted or emailed has at the end of it said, "There is nothing we can do for you". Unacceptable when you spend $1500 on a high end monitor.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited October 2019
    Hi malcojus,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with our support channels.  Can you please provide us with the model of your monitor and provide a detail explanation of the issue you're experiencing?      

Thanks,

Acer-Manny 

• Mainerunr
    Mainerunr Member Posts: 30 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    It is not all that uncommon for manufacturers to require you to ship things back on your dime.  Even if they sent you a label, you not being able to figure out how to package it is not their problem.

Nothing in your post suggests a terrible warranty or terrible customer service.

I spent most of a day trying to figure out how to ship a baseball bat back under warranty (on my dime).  In the end, I figured it out, got a new bat and my son is happy.  The $23 it cost me for packaging and shipping was far less expensive than a new bat would have been.