Predator Sense Use all free ram, please help

Options
2»

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited July 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hey brother I JUST fixed this issue on mine.

After poking around I've found the ram leak is coming from Killer Network Services.

Click start button and type "services" and hit enter. Then scroll down and find the two Killer Network services and you will set them both to manual and stop the service (right click properties).

You will notice one of the services will not let you set to manual or stop because it's in use so for that one in the properties settings at the tabs on top find the menu that gives the options of how many times the service tries to reconnect and it should say retry immediately or something.
    Change to if task fails then stop trying. 

You might have to leave the rest of the settings at their default before you hit ok as they cant be changed. Only change the setting where it tries again if fails. (There will be multiple drop downs to change)

Then go to task manager and end all the predator sense apps running (theres quite a few but the pred admin one is the one with the memory leak issue).

Once you end them all you can start pred sense again or simply reboot and your done.

P.S.. this also helps alleviate high ram usage from windows defender as well. Instead of being high 700+ mb memory usage it drops to below 300mb like normal

P.S.S. I reverted to 1709 and it has the same issue. So earlier statements of rolling back doesnt fix.
    My option above does though.
    - Hotel Hero
  • M4rdock
    M4rdock Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Lol i'll bookmark this thread to check this when (or if) 1803 will be worth upgrading to.

So it all comes down to killer notworking service, as always.
    I swear, i dont understand why literally all manufactures put killer crappy hardware in their laptops.

All laptops i have seen with killer "thingies" were having problems.
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    M4rdock said:
    Lol i'll bookmark this thread to check this when (or if) 1803 will be worth upgrading to.

I swear, i dont understand why literally all manufactures put killer crappy hardware in their laptops.

It's too bad it's such an awesome service cause when it works.. it works great...  but like you said it always seems to have its dirty little fingers in issues all over the place.
    - Hotel Hero
  • AlexE
    AlexE Member Posts: 41 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi guys,

I was literally just experimenting with Killer Networking to try and fix this too. 

I noticed that Task Manager -> Services shows "Killer Network Service x64" flickering rapidly between Stopped and Starting.  I've also believe I've previously seen a lot of errors generated in windows logs from it.  Stopping the service from restarting seemed to help me too.

I just tried creating a 'steps recorder' PDF of the fix in case it helps someone (and me remember :) )  

• Red-Sand
    Options
    Just be sure to mark the post as solved once you've determined it's working as it should.
    This is also just a temporary fix until they patch the killer network app in any case.

I found this issue this morning and it hasn't come back since.
    - Hotel Hero
  • AlexE
    AlexE Member Posts: 41 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    I guess Slavi, the OP, needs to mark this as 'fixed'.  I agree its a temporary fix, presuming that Killer x64 is supposed to do something useful - potentially just a higher performance 64-bit version of the presumably 32-bit other Killer service that is running ok.
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    AlexE said:
    I guess Slavi, the OP, needs to mark this as 'fixed'.  I agree its a temporary fix, presuming that Killer x64 is supposed to do something useful - potentially just a higher performance 64-bit version of the presumably 32-bit other Killer service that is running ok.
    Yeah I noticed it reads up/down in predator sense in the monitoring tab in the "system" monitor. Something I can live without for the moment lol
    - Hotel Hero
  • M4rdock
    M4rdock Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Red-Sand said:
    M4rdock said:

It's too bad it's such an awesome service cause when it works.. it works great...  but like you said it always seems to have its dirty little fingers in issues all over the place.

Red-Sand said:

After poking around I've found the ram leak is coming from Killer Network Services.

Click start button and type "services" and hit enter. Then scroll down and find the two Killer Network services and you will set them both to manual and stop the service (right click properties).

You will notice one of the services will not let you set to manual or stop because it's in use so for that one in the properties settings at the tabs on top find the menu that gives the options of how many times the service tries to reconnect and it should say retry immediately or something.

You might have to leave the rest of the settings at their default before you hit ok as they cant be changed. Only change the setting where it tries again if fails. (There will be multiple drop downs to change)

Then go to task manager and end all the predator sense apps running (theres quite a few but the pred admin one is the one with the memory leak issue).

Once you end them all you can start pred sense again or simply reboot and your done.

P.S.. this also helps alleviate high ram usage from windows defender as well. Instead of being high 700+ mb memory usage it drops to below 300mb like normal
    Well, judging by what you have said on this forum, you have pleasure to work with many laptops so i'll believe your word.
    But for me killer is not worth it at all, i had 2 laptops with it (now third if counting helios 500) and all had some killer-releated problems, also 2 of my friends have laptops with their products and they also have problems.

Even if it really is fast it doesnt excuse so many problems with their drivers.
    For me i dot even use it to full capacity anyway (have 300mb internet connection and 10-50mb mobile one so i dont see any difference between my 4 year old asus laptop with intel wifi and my helios 500 with killer one, aside from problems with killer before i turned it off in auto-start.

One thing i managed to find on sites where you can order custom laptops is that killer card is actually cheapest one, so that would explain why every manufacturer puts them in their high end laptops lol
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    M4rdock said:
    Red-Sand said:
    M4rdock said:

Red-Sand said:

Well, judging by what you have said on this forum, you have pleasure to work with many laptops so i'll believe your word.
    But for me killer is not worth it at all, i had 2 laptops with it (now third if counting helios 500) and all had some killer-releated problems, also 2 of my friends have laptops with their products and they also have problems.

Even if it really is fast it doesnt excuse so many problems with their drivers.
    For me i dot even use it to full capacity anyway (have 300mb internet connection and 10-50mb mobile one so i dont see any difference between my 4 year old asus laptop with intel wifi and my helios 500 with killer one, aside from problems with killer before i turned it off in auto-start.

One thing i managed to find on sites where you can order custom laptops is that killer card is actually cheapest one, so that would explain why every manufacturer puts them in their high end laptops lol
    Ah I totally agree it causes many issues.
    I just like the features of designating what program is allotted what amount of bandwidth and which shouldnt get any etc.
    Also being able to utilize ethernet for one thing and wifi for another simultaneously is pretty epic.

If it does work properly though it's an awesome tool for streamers/gamers etc.
    - Hotel Hero
  • JohnFrantzen
    JohnFrantzen Member Posts: 23 Networker
    Options
    I only had to change the settings on the Network Killer Service that had the status of "Starting" or something like that (mine is not in english) and I only changed the first option in the drop down menu to "Do nothing".
    So it wont try to restart the service the first time it fails, but it will if it keeps failing, this seems to have been enough to solve the issue for me :)
  • Segg0112358
    Segg0112358 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Red-Sand said:

P.S.S. I reverted to 1709 and it has the same issue. So earlier statements of rolling back doesnt fix.
    My option above does though.
    Thanks for this! worked a charm