Predator Sense Use all free ram, please help

Slavi
Slavi Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, I bought Acer Predator Helios 500 last week and a few days ago I noticed that my Ram usage is at 15.5 GB |(I have 16 GB). I open the task manager and I saw that PSAdminAgent use more than 70% of the Ram. When I restart the laptop PSAdminAgent start at 2mb usage and start to increace that ram usage an hour late ate the whole Ram. PSAdminAgent is this part of Predator Sence programe that command the hotceys, when I stop the process from the task manager, my hotkeys stoped working, and sometime the procces start again. I try to reinstall the Predator Sense few times without success, the probblem is still there. Please help me to fix that.
Thank you.

Best Answer

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited July 2018 Answer ✓
    Hey brother I JUST fixed this issue on mine.

After poking around I've found the ram leak is coming from Killer Network Services.

Click start button and type "services" and hit enter. Then scroll down and find the two Killer Network services and you will set them both to manual and stop the service (right click properties).

You will notice one of the services will not let you set to manual or stop because it's in use so for that one in the properties settings at the tabs on top find the menu that gives the options of how many times the service tries to reconnect and it should say retry immediately or something.
    Change to if task fails then stop trying. 

You might have to leave the rest of the settings at their default before you hit ok as they cant be changed. Only change the setting where it tries again if fails. (There will be multiple drop downs to change)

Then go to task manager and end all the predator sense apps running (theres quite a few but the pred admin one is the one with the memory leak issue).

Once you end them all you can start pred sense again or simply reboot and your done.

P.S.. this also helps alleviate high ram usage from windows defender as well. Instead of being high 700+ mb memory usage it drops to below 300mb like normal

P.S.S. I reverted to 1709 and it has the same issue. So earlier statements of rolling back doesnt fix.
    My option above does though.

Answers

• M4rdock
    M4rdock Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited July 2018
    Rollback to 1709 windows 10 version.
    Had same problem with 1803.
    Also your idle cpu usage is way too high, its another problem with 1803.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Slavi said:
    Hi, I bought Acer Predator Helios 500 last week and a few days ago I noticed that my Ram usage is at 15.5 GB |(I have 16 GB). I open the task manager and I saw that PSAdminAgent use more than 70% of the Ram. When I restart the laptop PSAdminAgent start at 2mb usage and start to increace that ram usage an hour late ate the whole Ram. PSAdminAgent is this part of Predator Sence programe that command the hotceys, when I stop the process from the task manager, my hotkeys stoped working, and sometime the procces start again. I try to reinstall the Predator Sense few times without success, the probblem is still there. Please help me to fix that.
    Thank you.
    Hi,
    I wouldn't worry about the system using most of the RAM installed as unused RAM is wasted RAM, when your system use the RAM available in your laptop, it means it performs at optimum level. Please read this link below for more explanation.
    https://lifehacker.com/5958598/know-the-difference-between-good-and-bad-high-ram-usage
  • Slavi

Tinkerer

M4rdock said:

Thank you for the answer I downgrade the windows back to 1709, but unfortunately the problem still exist.
  • Slavi

Tinkerer

Slavi said:
    Thank you.
    Hi,
    I wouldn't worry about the system using most of the RAM installed as unused RAM is wasted RAM, when your system use the RAM available in your laptop, it means it performs at optimum level. Please read this link below for more explanation.
    https://lifehacker.com/5958598/know-the-difference-between-good-and-bad-high-ram-usage
    Hi, thanks for the answer.I understand you , but unfortunately this is not a system usage, this is a software which normally use no more than 20mb, in my case it use all free Ram.
  • M4rdock
    edited July 2018
    Then delete predator sense and Acer quick acess, reboot pc and install them again.
    Of course on 1709.
    Your problem is memory leak. 
    Download latest predator sense from Acer page.
  • M4rdock
    edited July 2018
    Cant edit - if this doesnt help -
    1.delete both acer quick acess and predator sense
    2.reboot your pc, download auslogics registry cleaner and use it, reboot again
    3.download newest acer quick acess and predator sense and install it.

If this wont change anything, then im afraid your only option is clean install of windows 10 1709 version.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    M4rdock said:

Idle usage of windows can be gotten down using the following:

1. Disable windows search indexer SERVICE, if you aren't using it often. For normal home stuff, you barely need it.
    2. Disable windows super fetch SERVICE. This loads programs predicting you might use it based on your day to day activities. Not really needed given how fast current hard disks are to read as needed.
    These two generally happy when windows is idle, and tend to push up idle CPU usage.

If you are like me and do not use Windows store, you could turn off all those services, including those of xbox, gaming, store and such. And disable their activity in background too. Windows lets you disable most of these services. And there is no need for store apps to run in background.

ALWAYS CREATE A SYSTEM RESTORE POINT IN CASE YOU DISABLE ANY ESSENTIAL SERVICE. Especially useful if you are a newbie to computers, or to Windows 10.

Below is a screenshot of my laptop idle usage.
    I also updated my power setting to my personal settings, and allow all cores to be parked when not in use. I can give you that if you wanted to try.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • M4rdock
    @sri369 thx mate, but my idle cpu usage is about 1%, maybe 2 at best.
    I already disabled all "trash" services, either by services.msc or by registry if needed.
    I was facing problem with high cpu usage after 1803 update, rolling back to 1709 fixed it.
    My probem was antimalware service executable using at least 20-30% of my cpu all the times - its common problem with awesome windows updates, many people are facing it.
    Hell, some of them have 99% of idle cpu usage by this process lol
  • sri369
    @M4rdock
    Oh... I have windows defender disabled by default since i use avast internet security. Maybe that's one reason I wasn't seeing high idle on 1803.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • M4rdock
    edited July 2018
    sri369 said:
    @M4rdock
    Oh... I have windows defender disabled by default since i use avast internet security. Maybe that's one reason I wasn't seeing high idle on 1803.
    Then you were lucky, my windows defender decided that malwarebytes is not enough for me and was still running in background xD
    Its also another 1803 problem lol
    Im starting to wonder if they even test those builds.

From what i heard,1803 is either hit or miss - it works for some, but for others even clean install dont help with problems.
  • sri369
    @M4rdock

Most problems with laptops these days are with windows more than with actual device... totally opposite to what it was until the advent of windows 8/10.

My windows defender services status:

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • M4rdock
    Well said.
    As long as windows doesnt have any competition it will only get worse :/
  • Slavi

Tinkerer

Hi guys, thank you for all comment and advice. I try everything that you told me but anything does not worked. I reinstall the windows 10 1709 and I stop the windows updates. For now everything work normally, I hope to stay like that.
  • sri369
    Slavi said:
    Hi guys, thank you for all comment and advice. I try everything that you told me but anything does not worked. I reinstall the windows 10 1709 and I stop the windows updates. For now everything work normally, I hope to stay like that.
    What version of windows is that - home, i presume, or pro? If it is home, you won't be be able to block updates from getting installed.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • Slavi

Tinkerer

sri369 said:
    Slavi said:
    What version of windows is that - home, i presume, or pro? If it is home, you won't be be able to block updates from getting installed.
    It is home edition, I stopped the updates from services. 
  • AlexE
    AlexE Member Posts: 41 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Hi,

Any update on this?  My Predator 500 has just started doing the same thing. 

PSAdminAgent grows at 5MB per SECOND from boot.  Rapidly grows to 5GB and more.  Services and Controller app also using about 10-15% of CPU.

Cheers

Alex
  • AlexE
    edited July 2018
    To add - it seems that just killing the PSAdminAgent process from Task Manager stops it growing and taking up all your memory, and it only restarts on reboot or if you open the PredatorSense app.  Hope this gets fixed properly though as it feels pretty unprofessional.

I may look into disabling PSAdminAgent until some sort of fix comes along.

Is there a way to report such software bugs and get an Acer response?
  • M4rdock
    AlexE said:
    Hi,

Any update on this?  My Predator 500 has just started doing the same thing. 

PSAdminAgent grows at 5MB per SECOND from boot.  Rapidly grows to 5GB and more.  Services and Controller app also using about 10-15% of CPU.

Cheers

Alex
    This is problem with 1803 update, not with this Acer model, you can look it up on the internet. 
    Revert to 1709 or do a clean install of this version, then disable updates.
    Problem fixed.
  • AlexE
    Latest Windows 10 update today (KB4340917) seems to have improved things a bit.  PSAdminAgent now 'only' swallowing around 0.5-to-2MB per second and Services & Controller usage calmed down a bit too.  Still room for improvement though.

Does PSAdminAgent use up memory in early builds of Windows 10, or what size does it stay stable at?

I notice MS Antimalware is running a little high so wonder if this is fighting with PSAdminAgent to some extent.

Something else I've noticed in Services is 'Killer Network Service x64' is flickering very rapidly, presumably it keeps trying to start but can't.  Any thoughts appreciated!  Perhaps I ought to post that as a separate thread as I've noticed errors arrising related to Killer Network previously.
  • M4rdock
    AlexE said:
    Latest Windows 10 update today (KB4340917) seems to have improved things a bit.  PSAdminAgent now 'only' swallowing around 0.5-to-2MB per second and Services & Controller usage calmed down a bit too.  Still room for improvement though.

Does PSAdminAgent use up memory in early builds of Windows 10, or what size does it stay stable at?

I notice MS Antimalware is running a little high so wonder if this is fighting with PSAdminAgent to some extent.

Something else I've noticed in Services is 'Killer Network Service x64' is flickering very rapidly, presumably it keeps trying to start but can't.  Any thoughts appreciated!  Perhaps I ought to post that as a separate thread as I've noticed errors arrising related to Killer Network previously.
    In 1709 There are no problems with predator sense and killer networking.
    But killer networking agent (or what is it called) is not very Good program. I advise you to turn it off and leave only drivers active.