Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Predator Sense Use all free ram, please help

SlaviSlavi Posts: 5Member New User
Hi, I bought Acer Predator Helios 500 last week and a few days ago I noticed that my Ram usage is at 15.5 GB |(I have 16 GB). I open the task manager and I saw that PSAdminAgent use more than 70% of the Ram. When I restart the laptop PSAdminAgent start at 2mb usage and start to increace that ram usage an hour late ate the whole Ram. PSAdminAgent is this part of Predator Sence programe that command the hotceys, when I stop the process from the task manager, my hotkeys stoped working, and sometime the procces start again. I try to reinstall the Predator Sense few times without success, the probblem is still there. Please help me to fix that.
Thank you.

FAQ & Answers

  • M4rdockM4rdock Posts: 31Member Die Hard
    edited July 11
    Rollback to 1709 windows 10 version.
    Had same problem with 1803.
    Also your idle cpu usage is way too high, its another problem with 1803.
     
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 8,383ACE Trailblazer
    Slavi said:
    Hi, I bought Acer Predator Helios 500 last week and a few days ago I noticed that my Ram usage is at 15.5 GB |(I have 16 GB). I open the task manager and I saw that PSAdminAgent use more than 70% of the Ram. When I restart the laptop PSAdminAgent start at 2mb usage and start to increace that ram usage an hour late ate the whole Ram. PSAdminAgent is this part of Predator Sence programe that command the hotceys, when I stop the process from the task manager, my hotkeys stoped working, and sometime the procces start again. I try to reinstall the Predator Sense few times without success, the probblem is still there. Please help me to fix that.
    Thank you.
    Hi,
    I wouldn't worry about the system using most of the RAM installed as unused RAM is wasted RAM, when your system use the RAM available in your laptop, it means it performs at optimum level. Please read this link below for more explanation.
    https://lifehacker.com/5958598/know-the-difference-between-good-and-bad-high-ram-usage
  • SlaviSlavi Posts: 5Member New User
    M4rdock said:
    Rollback to 1709 windows 10 version.
    Had same problem with 1803.
    Also your idle cpu usage is way too high, its another problem with 1803.
     
    Thank you for the answer I downgrade the windows back to 1709, but unfortunately the problem still exist.
  • SlaviSlavi Posts: 5Member New User
    Slavi said:
    Hi, I bought Acer Predator Helios 500 last week and a few days ago I noticed that my Ram usage is at 15.5 GB |(I have 16 GB). I open the task manager and I saw that PSAdminAgent use more than 70% of the Ram. When I restart the laptop PSAdminAgent start at 2mb usage and start to increace that ram usage an hour late ate the whole Ram. PSAdminAgent is this part of Predator Sence programe that command the hotceys, when I stop the process from the task manager, my hotkeys stoped working, and sometime the procces start again. I try to reinstall the Predator Sense few times without success, the probblem is still there. Please help me to fix that.
    Thank you.
    Hi,
    I wouldn't worry about the system using most of the RAM installed as unused RAM is wasted RAM, when your system use the RAM available in your laptop, it means it performs at optimum level. Please read this link below for more explanation.
    https://lifehacker.com/5958598/know-the-difference-between-good-and-bad-high-ram-usage
    Hi, thanks for the answer.I understand you , but unfortunately this is not a system usage, this is a software which normally use no more than 20mb, in my case it use all free Ram.
  • M4rdockM4rdock Posts: 31Member Die Hard
    edited July 11
    Then delete predator sense and Acer quick acess, reboot pc and install them again.
    Of course on 1709.
    Your problem is memory leak. 
    Download latest predator sense from Acer page.
  • M4rdockM4rdock Posts: 31Member Die Hard
    edited July 11
    Cant edit - if this doesnt help -
    1.delete both acer quick acess and predator sense
    2.reboot your pc, download auslogics registry cleaner and use it, reboot again
    3.download newest acer quick acess and predator sense and install it.

    If this wont change anything, then im afraid your only option is clean install of windows 10 1709 version.
  • sri369sri369 Posts: 401Member Skilled Practitioner
    M4rdock said:
    Rollback to 1709 windows 10 version.
    Had same problem with 1803.
    Also your idle cpu usage is way too high, its another problem with 1803.
     
    Idle usage of windows can be gotten down using the following:

    1. Disable windows search indexer SERVICE, if you aren't using it often. For normal home stuff, you barely need it.
    2. Disable windows super fetch SERVICE. This loads programs predicting you might use it based on your day to day activities. Not really needed given how fast current hard disks are to read as needed.
    These two generally happy when windows is idle, and tend to push up idle CPU usage.

    If you are like me and do not use Windows store, you could turn off all those services, including those of xbox, gaming, store and such. And disable their activity in background too. Windows lets you disable most of these services. And there is no need for store apps to run in background.

    ALWAYS CREATE A SYSTEM RESTORE POINT IN CASE YOU DISABLE ANY ESSENTIAL SERVICE. Especially useful if you are a newbie to computers, or to Windows 10.

    Below is a screenshot of my laptop idle usage.
    I also updated my power setting to my personal settings, and allow all cores to be parked when not in use. I can give you that if you wanted to try.

    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    This would help people who see this post in the future looking for a solution for the same issue...
  • M4rdockM4rdock Posts: 31Member Die Hard
    @sri369 thx mate, but my idle cpu usage is about 1%, maybe 2 at best.
    I already disabled all "trash" services, either by services.msc or by registry if needed.
    I was facing problem with high cpu usage after 1803 update, rolling back to 1709 fixed it.
    My probem was antimalware service executable using at least 20-30% of my cpu all the times - its common problem with awesome windows updates, many people are facing it.
    Hell, some of them have 99% of idle cpu usage by this process lol
  • sri369sri369 Posts: 401Member Skilled Practitioner
    @M4rdock
    Oh... I have windows defender disabled by default since i use avast internet security. Maybe that's one reason I wasn't seeing high idle on 1803.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    This would help people who see this post in the future looking for a solution for the same issue...
  • M4rdockM4rdock Posts: 31Member Die Hard
    edited July 11
    sri369 said:
    @M4rdock
    Oh... I have windows defender disabled by default since i use avast internet security. Maybe that's one reason I wasn't seeing high idle on 1803.
    Then you were lucky, my windows defender decided that malwarebytes is not enough for me and was still running in background xD
    Its also another 1803 problem lol
    Im starting to wonder if they even test those builds.

    From what i heard,1803 is either hit or miss - it works for some, but for others even clean install dont help with problems.
  • sri369sri369 Posts: 401Member Skilled Practitioner
    @M4rdock

    Most problems with laptops these days are with windows more than with actual device... totally opposite to what it was until the advent of windows 8/10.

    My windows defender services status:


    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    This would help people who see this post in the future looking for a solution for the same issue...
  • M4rdockM4rdock Posts: 31Member Die Hard
    Well said.
    As long as windows doesnt have any competition it will only get worse :/
  • SlaviSlavi Posts: 5Member New User
    Hi guys, thank you for all comment and advice. I try everything that you told me but anything does not worked. I reinstall the windows 10 1709 and I stop the windows updates. For now everything work normally, I hope to stay like that.
  • sri369sri369 Posts: 401Member Skilled Practitioner
    Slavi said:
    Hi guys, thank you for all comment and advice. I try everything that you told me but anything does not worked. I reinstall the windows 10 1709 and I stop the windows updates. For now everything work normally, I hope to stay like that.
    What version of windows is that - home, i presume, or pro? If it is home, you won't be be able to block updates from getting installed.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    This would help people who see this post in the future looking for a solution for the same issue...
  • SlaviSlavi Posts: 5Member New User
    sri369 said:
    Slavi said:
    Hi guys, thank you for all comment and advice. I try everything that you told me but anything does not worked. I reinstall the windows 10 1709 and I stop the windows updates. For now everything work normally, I hope to stay like that.
    What version of windows is that - home, i presume, or pro? If it is home, you won't be be able to block updates from getting installed.
    It is home edition, I stopped the updates from services. 
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online107

Jimster480
Jimster480
jsaspire
jsaspire
kekaju123
kekaju123
Rabindra
Rabindra
RogerWilliam
RogerWilliam
Sarah432
Sarah432
theolegstr
theolegstr
+100 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acer Store Deutschland


KOSTENLOSER VERSAND - AUSGEZEICHNETER SERVICE

Facebook

New Here?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.