Why does my Acer TravelMate p2 lagging when I tried to use MacOS X 10.10 Yosemite in VirtualBox?

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,586 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If the mainboard is changed, the mechanic might have arrange to transfer the ACER OEM factory-preinstalled Windows license to the new mainboard since this license is no longer stored on the HDD. You can get the OEM license key from the current mainboard by entering "wmic os get serialnumber" without the quotes at the command prompt. You should also get the current mainboard's serial number id (SNID) by entering "wmic bios get serialnumber" withoiut the quotes. Both these numbers might be needed to maintain the license.

I suggest that you not allow the mechanic change the mainboard until he double-checks if the random restart or shutdown issue is due to the safety interlock switch problem as we discussed in the links earlier in this thread. A replacement mainboard might have the same problem if the laptop case cover doesn't properly de-activate it so that has to be fixed with tape as described in the links.

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• GajalShankar
    GajalShankar Member Posts: 109 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Thanks for your very helping reply.
    Sure,I also don't want my motherboard being changed.So,after replacing the battery I will be definitely checking safety interlock switch problem if it exists.
    You are really helpful.
    Thanks for being a part of my problem.