Predator Helios 300 - Webcam no longer functioning / does not appear in device manage

aerickso
aerickso Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello!

I purchased and have happily had a Acer Predator Helios 300 since November 2017.

2 days ago, I had a Skype teleconference, where my video screen worked just fine, however unfortunately earlier today, when trying to make a video call on Facebook messenger, I got a message popup, to the effect of "give permission for camera use". This was odd, as I had done similar calls in the past with no issue. Between the two timepoints, I uninstalled programs and freed up harddrive space, but I did not remotely touch anything with system/hardware that would have resulted in this kind of an error:

Laptop is up to date with regards to windows updates.

When I open up Camera, the following error message is presented: Error 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>.

Here is Device manager:

Any idea how I would trouble shoot this? Any guess as to whether I'm dealing with a hardware issue, or driver/software issue?

Answers

• aerickso
    Hi,
    This may or may not help but worth a try:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zFAhrmwc0U
    Thanks for the speedy reply.

I watched the video, and have already attempted most. I tried the registry editing at the end, and that did not solve my problem.

I'm in the process of cleaning up my computer for a restore with the hopes that will fix it. Will keep an eye on this thread if others have suggestions, else will update after I restore the PC.

• aerickso
    Status after factory reset:

Looking more and more like it's a hardware problem.

• nz1otter
    nz1otter Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have the same problem.
    I have to uninstall the camera and reinstall it every time I want to use it.

• HAL9001
    HAL9001 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2020
    Dear users,

i have nearly the same roblem - with  a different device though, but the same problem. No camera in the device Manager and one device with an exclamation mark (right click says that it is ACPI\VEN_ANX&DEV_7411 on Intel(R)-I2C-Hostcontroller für serielle E/A – 9DEB).

What i would like to know is, if those users who had this problem had a hardware problem (in other words: a device with a hardware bug) or if there is a software-sided way to fix this.

Any answer is highly appreciated.

Kind regards, cheers
  • IBentMyWookie
    IBentMyWookie Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm not sure wheter anyone is still suffering from this, however the January 2020 Windows 10 updates seem to have sprung my camera back to life. Hopefully this will fix everyone elses.

Cheers,
  • Prajwal19
    Prajwal19 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm not sure wheter anyone is still suffering from this, however the January 2020 Windows 10 updates seem to have sprung my camera back to life. Hopefully this will fix everyone elses.

Cheers,
    I still have the  Error 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>