predator helios 300 display went black on the first day of use need help ?

pyu
pyu Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
i received my predator helios 300 today and after 4 hrs of use i turned it off. when i again tried to turn it on around 1800 hrs , the screen went black and it has been same ever since . please provide with a quick solution . model PH315-51 Gaming Laptop with i5 8 gen processor 

Answers

• Wizlert
    Wizlert Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same here.
  • vkmbca29
    vkmbca29 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

same problem ,for me blank screen come after one hour of web surfing
  • SivaKurakula
    SivaKurakula Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem for me too.
  • take2rohit
    take2rohit Member Posts: 2 New User
    Same thing happened with me also.  but it can be resolved.. Just press the battery reset pinhole(for more detail refer quick guide pg8) with a pin and it will do fine.  idk why this happening...some people are again getting the same problem. I have not come up with a permanent solution. once I find the cause I will update here
  • palkansh
    palkansh Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Same problem coming for acer predator helios 300.
  • therealsujith
    therealsujith Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I am also facing same issue.
    Did anybody found solution?
    I bought the laptop from Flipkart on 14th May
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    pyuWizlertvkmbca29SivaKurakulatake2rohitpalkanshtherealsujith 
    Is the issue resolved?
    Have you contacted Acer support in your region and checked for any solution for this issue?
    Please post the status or any troubleshooting steps that you have already tried to check the issue?

Acer india : https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact
    Acer worldwide : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • vkmbca29

Tinkerer

Theproblem is not resolved , it has come again after 2 days of use.also hdd drive not showing into the computer, so i had given back again to the acer service centre and still waiting for their response
  • vkmbca29

Tinkerer

Today I got the call from service guy saying issue is with bios update which make the system to behave like that . As per service guy they had resolved the blank screen issue by updating BIOS firmware, but still they are sturggling with RAID issue because of which SATA drive is not showing, hence they had not handed my laptop to me . I request acer technical guy I had not purchased the laptop to put it in showcase in your service centre . Find some parmanent solution, if you have no then dont release faulty product into the market.
  • deepanker
    deepanker Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

vkmbca29 said:
    same problem ,for me blank screen come after one hour of web surfing
    Were you watching some video? Youtube, Netflix, etc.?
  • therealsujith
    therealsujith Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

vkmbca29 said:
    Today I got the call from service guy saying issue is with bios update which make the system to behave like that . As per service guy they had resolved the blank screen issue by updating BIOS firmware, but still they are sturggling with RAID issue because of which SATA drive is not showing, hence they had not handed my laptop to me . I request acer technical guy I had not purchased the laptop to put it in showcase in your service centre . Find some parmanent solution, if you have no then dont release faulty product into the market.
    Any updates?
  • palkansh
    palkansh Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello , I want to get the serial no. of your laptop for whom the problem is coming so that a friend of mine will contact to acer head office india and they will show interest if we get larger no. of cases.
    So please write your product id , serial no. here so I can give them to my friend and it will be so helpful.

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru

Hello everyone,

We are sorry that you’re experiencing this black screen issue with your Predator units.  We would like to thank you for reporting this and for providing us with information we can use to investigate this problem.  The issue has been escalated to headquarters and is being investigated.

This topic will be updated once we have a solution for this issue.

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• rajatsingh
    rajatsingh Member Posts: 2 New User
    same problem..
  • asifuddin009
    asifuddin009 Member Posts: 2 New User
    i am facing same problem predator helios 300 not turning on  
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru

Hello everyone,

I can assure you that we are working diligently on this issue and I follow up every day for an update. It looks like we have multiple threads reporting this issue, in order to consolidate all topics and be able to keep track of all of the reports from our users we will go close this topic. Please continue the discussion on this topic: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/576259#Comment_576259 Once we get a response from headquarters we will immediately communicate it on that topic.

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

This discussion has been closed.