Acer E71-732 Series wont click on.

Options
HellraiserHQ
HellraiserHQ Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
So, when I shut the laptop for various lengths of time, in sleep mode, it won't turn on when I open it.

It will stay flashing orange with the power light next to it. 

Only way I can restart it is by resetting the battery.

I unplug it from the power cord, I push the pinhole for 4 seconds and release. Then I wait 5 minutes to attempt to start it. When I go to start it, it will light up blue for about 5 seconds and then shut off.

I've tried holding the power button down for 20 seconds and I've tried resetting it again.

What else can I do, because i just want to play Warcraft in peace?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    Check your power options for what the power button and lid are supposed to do on battery and plugged in. Try changing any hibernation settings to sleep. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HellraiserHQ
    HellraiserHQ Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Well, I would do that if I could turn it on.

All my settings are in sleep though, not hibernation.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>So, when I shut the laptop for various lengths of time, in sleep mode, it won't turn on when I open it. It will stay flashing orange with the power light next to it. Only way I can restart it is by resetting the battery.>>>

I got the impression from your opening comments here that this was happening regularly but that you were able to restart Windows by resetting the battery. Now you can't even re-start Windows anymore. Was this a gradual process to the point where it wouldn't restart Windows anymore? Or did it happen all of a sudden for no apparent reason like trying to update the BIOS or running a Windows update or installing some program? Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ