Acer E71-732 Series wont click on.

HellraiserHQ
HellraiserHQ Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
So, when I shut the laptop for various lengths of time, in sleep mode, it won't turn on when I open it.

It will stay flashing orange with the power light next to it. 

Only way I can restart it is by resetting the battery.

I unplug it from the power cord, I push the pinhole for 4 seconds and release. Then I wait 5 minutes to attempt to start it. When I go to start it, it will light up blue for about 5 seconds and then shut off.

I've tried holding the power button down for 20 seconds and I've tried resetting it again.

What else can I do, because i just want to play Warcraft in peace?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Check your power options for what the power button and lid are supposed to do on battery and plugged in. Try changing any hibernation settings to sleep. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• HellraiserHQ
    HellraiserHQ Member Posts: 2 New User
    Well, I would do that if I could turn it on.

All my settings are in sleep though, not hibernation.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>So, when I shut the laptop for various lengths of time, in sleep mode, it won't turn on when I open it. It will stay flashing orange with the power light next to it. Only way I can restart it is by resetting the battery.>>>

I got the impression from your opening comments here that this was happening regularly but that you were able to restart Windows by resetting the battery. Now you can't even re-start Windows anymore. Was this a gradual process to the point where it wouldn't restart Windows anymore? Or did it happen all of a sudden for no apparent reason like trying to update the BIOS or running a Windows update or installing some program? Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ