VN7 791G Stuck at acer logo after bios update

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,557 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK. Don't give up yet. Remove the CMOS cell again. This time, in addition to shorting g2002 again, short the CMOS cell's two contacts on the mainboard for a minute or two to try to completely discharge the BIOS chip, hopefully forcing it into a default state. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Winds
    Winds Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    It still seems to be processing something. after several loops, I did get signal at the hdmi port(no screen though, but I didn't have a signal before this), and there was a bip. and 1 more reboot after a while. not sure if it should take this long, but it still seems to be processing. I'll wait a while before trying anything else.
    Thanks a lot again for your responses.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,557 Trailblazer
    edited April 2018
    Options
    OK. Sounds hopeful. These UEFI bootstrappers are touchy as you now know well. Keep trying. This is exactly why I avoid installing most BIOS updates like the plague unless the machine has a serious "disabling" issue with the original factory BIOS. This does NOT include ***potentially*** serious security issues. In my opinion it's far better to have a machine with potential security issues that works, than a machine that doesn't work at all. Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ