VN7 791G Stuck at acer logo after bios update

2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    OK. Don't give up yet. Remove the CMOS cell again. This time, in addition to shorting g2002 again, short the CMOS cell's two contacts on the mainboard for a minute or two to try to completely discharge the BIOS chip, hopefully forcing it into a default state. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Winds
    Winds Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

It still seems to be processing something. after several loops, I did get signal at the hdmi port(no screen though, but I didn't have a signal before this), and there was a bip. and 1 more reboot after a while. not sure if it should take this long, but it still seems to be processing. I'll wait a while before trying anything else.
    Thanks a lot again for your responses.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    edited April 2018
    OK. Sounds hopeful. These UEFI bootstrappers are touchy as you now know well. Keep trying. This is exactly why I avoid installing most BIOS updates like the plague unless the machine has a serious "disabling" issue with the original factory BIOS. This does NOT include ***potentially*** serious security issues. In my opinion it's far better to have a machine with potential security issues that works, than a machine that doesn't work at all. Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ