Cpu upgrade

Options
Nerv87
Nerv87 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, I have an acer extensa 5210 and I ask info to change the cpu with a more powerful, mouse the series: T7200 / T7400 / T7600 but I still have not quite understood if my chipset supports a 667MHz fsb processor? Can you help me? I apologize if my English language is not correct.

Answers

• Nerv87

Tinkerer

Options
    Ciao, qualcuno potrebbe dirmi le specifiche esatte del chipset i943 / 940gml? Nella discussione che mi collega, ci sono chipset che funzionano a 553 mhz di fsb e altri a 667 mhz di fsb, ora non riesco a capire se il mio chipset è in grado di gestire i 667 MHz, ma non è chiaro qualcosa su vari siti del chipset: o 940 , o: 945. Non è stata inserita alcuna voce relativa al 943gml. C'è qualcuno che potrebbe spiegarmi, anche solo per il desiderio di sapere. Grazie a tutti gli utenti della comunità acer.
  • Nerv87

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi, could someone please tell me the exact specifications of the i943 / 940gml chipset? In the discussion that links to me, there are chipsets that work at 553mhz fsb and others at 667mhz fsb, now I can not figure out if my chipset can handle the 667MHz, but it is not clear something on various sites the chipset: or 940, or: 945. No entry is made regarding the 943gml. There is someone who could explain to me, even just for the desire to know. Thanks to all the acer community users.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    Options
    Nerv87 said:
    Hi, could someone please tell me the exact specifications of the i943 / 940gml chipset? In the discussion that links to me, there are chipsets that work at 553mhz fsb and others at 667mhz fsb, now I can not figure out if my chipset can handle the 667MHz, but it is not clear something on various sites the chipset: or 940, or: 945. No entry is made regarding the 943gml. There is someone who could explain to me, even just for the desire to know. Thanks to all the acer community users.

Hi,
    Your chipset supports 553MHz FSB but some have successfully upgraded to a T5600 which has 667MHz FSB and I also remember upgrading to a T7200 in my old Aspire 5610z a while ago. You may find some interesting information here:http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/cpu-upgrade-for-laptop-acer-aspire-3690.335980/page-2

• Nerv87

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you very much for the answer brummyfan2. Now I can not wait to get the t7200 so try, just made I will let you know. =) 
  • Nerv87

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello everyone, I am very happy to inform you that today I managed successfully to switch to a cpu t7200, thanks to all, without your support I would not have succeeded in this test, A special thanks to brummyfan2 and vloka.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    You are welcome, I'm glad to be of help :)