Will Acer add support to Creators Update for Acer Liquid Jade Primo?

luke_singer
luke_singer Member Posts: 54 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

Although Acer doesn't support Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update, I can say that Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update (build 14393.1066) runs very well on my Acer Liquid Jade Primo. 

Will Acer add support to Creators Update?

Answers

• luke_singer

Microsoft says: "We're still committed to the Windows 10 Mobile platform, there are some devices out there today from HP, Acer and a couple of other partners"

http://www.techradar.com/news/microsoft-tells-us-about-its-high-hopes-for-windows-10-s

But if this is true, why didn't Acer release Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update and Creators Update for its high-end and beautiful phone Acer Liquid Jade Primo?

• manivenkit
    manivenkit Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried the Insiders Preview for the Creators Update and it bricked the phone, not once but twice and only way to recover is via WDRT. Get version 10586 then intall Windows Insider app get Anniversary edition 14393.67 and no further update, then had to use the Interop Tools to set it to Lumia 930 (Lumia 950 would have downloaded Creators Update and bricked the phone) and then get 14393.1198.

So getting Creators Update on this phone is a long shot dream which I think would never be fulfilled as long as the company is least bothered about their product. Now they are relasing the MR Headset who knows what the support would be for that!!! Better avoid this zero support company, thats the feeling I have.

• luke_singer

Maybe Creators Update doesn't boot on Acer Liquid Jade Primo because Microsoft didn't add the string "ACERINC : S58" into the OEMs table which is checked in the boot loader?

• manivenkit
    manivenkit Member Posts: 2 New User

Could be, but won't it be the responsibility of Acer to work with MSFT to support their product instead of just creating a product and then leave it orphaned and then issue a clichéd statement that Anniversary Edition doesn't work well with this phone and the 10586 is the most stable and best version to be used in this phone when anyone in Insider program knows that this statement is blatantly false, infact 14393 edition works way much better than the buggy 10586 version. This shows their priority and laziness and then how can they expect someone to buy into their product or new category with such lousy support, infact many Android users too complain of this attitude of launch and forget with no update or support. Who knows what this company is upto....

• luke_singer
    edited November 2017
    Acer has responded to a client, who bought this phone recently (November 2017) on the Microsoft Store, that a new update for this phone is coming... May be the official update to Anniversary Update/Creators Update/Fall Creators Update? :)
  • Stupops
    Stupops Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I just got delivery of a Jade Primo from the MS store. I couldn't live with my 650 anymore. And I didn't want to slash again on a 950 xl (last one screen broke as it was uneconomical to fix)- so this seemed like a good option at £200. There is so much out there on what OS version I need to run. Is going via insider programme the best way to go? Its updating at the moment to heaven knows what version.
  • luke_singer
    edited November 2017
    After you've installed Anniversary Update (build 14393.1884), you have to exit from the Insider Program immediately because the next Creators Update (build 15063.x) doesn't boot. 
  • Stupops

Tinkerer

I am on build 14393.67 and left the programme. Should I go back in? Everything works fine apart from the fact I cant link my outlook to yahoo! apart from that its a fab phone. love it.
  • luke_singer
    edited November 2017
    Check for updates on the slow channel. You should receive the build 14393.1066
  • Stupops

Tinkerer

OK. Have done that. will keep updating until I get that build. Thanks so much.
  • luke_singer
    edited November 2017
    If you have accidentally downloaded the Creators Update (build 15063.x), you can abort the installation by setting the date to 2057 (40 years forward) and reboot the phone, so all downloaded files will be removed. Finally, exit from the Insider Program
  • Stupops

Tinkerer

I think I have ruined it! I have had to reset it twice. Its back on build 10.0.1.15063.728 version 1703 and its just unusable. Keeps freezing and rebooting/crashing. Plus the lock screen never goes to sleep! Cant seem to get into the windows insider programme either to start again. Nightmare!
  • luke_singer
    edited November 2017
    You have to use the Windows Device Recovery Tool https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12379/windows-10-mobile-device-recovery-tool-faq to restore it to the build 10586.x then reinstall Anniversary Update (14393.x). Don't install Creators Update (15063.x).
  • Stupops

Tinkerer

Hi. Ok. I will try that now. Should I sign in to the phone with my account when I am updating via the insider programme?
  • luke_singer
    edited November 2017
    Yes, use your Microsoft account
  • Stupops

Tinkerer

OK. I have the option to restore from a previous build or start afresh. start afresh?
  • luke_singer
    edited December 2017
    Windows Device Recovery Tool will download and install the initial build 10586.x as a fresh install
  • Stupops

Tinkerer

Hi. well I got it to build 14393.67
    It wont pick up any further updates. Started off a bit glitchy with powering on and off but seems to have sorted itself now. I will quit whilst I am ahead I think! nice phone though - even with the hang ups.
  • luke_singer
    edited December 2017
    It's a shame that the build 14393.1066 is no longer offered, although it's available on the Microsoft Update Catalog
    Acer, please, add the official support to Anniversary Update!
    Microsoft, please, remove the lock imposed by Acer
  • Stupops

Tinkerer

That would be great. Thanks for all of your help with this. Greatly appreciated.