aspire v5

Options
Danya7
Danya7 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

My harddrive crashed on my aspire v5, originally had 8.1 , auto upgraded to Win10, did not need a key to load, now trying to reinstall Win10, asks for the key. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options

Windows 10 automatically activates online when you upgrade your product to Windows 10. This allows you to reinstall Windows 10 again at any time, without having to purchase a license.

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37954#_ga=2.167718910.194805581.1494598412-263337500.1415824428

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • RDCoole
    RDCoole Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    I had to replace my HDD.  How do I get another copy of W8 like it came installed with?
  • RDCoole
    Options
    An update....I found where to get and will receive an eRecovery thumb drive with W8.1.  Prior to this, I had purchased a 'new' HDD.  It came in a sealed antistatic bag.  Oddly, on installation and powering up, my laptop acted like a new windows installation.  Turned out to be W10.  After going thru the whole installation process it told me some functions were unavailable as W wasn't registered.  I was able to get it registered.  Today I decided to put the old HDD in an external drive box and connect it up.  When I started up the box the drive showed up with all the programs on it.  So now I'm wondering if I should delete W from it and try to load W8.1 on it.  And if that works maybe put it back in the laptop and save the 'new' HDD. Any suggestions welcome.
  • RDCoole
    Options
    Another update..... When I ran the eRecovery thumb drive it erased all data on the old drive I had reinstalled.  After several hours it was up and running again.  BTW, the eRecovery drive only had W 8 on it.  Was able to update to 8.1 ok.  Only problem now is that I now have a 'D:' partition that's taken up half of my HD space and am unable to recover the full 'C:' space I used to have. With a partition app I was able to see that there's also another partition between the C and D partitions.  What's with all these partitions??