aspire v5

Danya7
Danya7 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

My harddrive crashed on my aspire v5, originally had 8.1 , auto upgraded to Win10, did not need a key to load, now trying to reinstall Win10, asks for the key. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Windows 10 automatically activates online when you upgrade your product to Windows 10. This allows you to reinstall Windows 10 again at any time, without having to purchase a license.

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37954#_ga=2.167718910.194805581.1494598412-263337500.1415824428

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • RDCoole
    RDCoole Member Posts: 5 New User
    I had to replace my HDD.  How do I get another copy of W8 like it came installed with?
  • RDCoole
    An update....I found where to get and will receive an eRecovery thumb drive with W8.1.  Prior to this, I had purchased a 'new' HDD.  It came in a sealed antistatic bag.  Oddly, on installation and powering up, my laptop acted like a new windows installation.  Turned out to be W10.  After going thru the whole installation process it told me some functions were unavailable as W wasn't registered.  I was able to get it registered.  Today I decided to put the old HDD in an external drive box and connect it up.  When I started up the box the drive showed up with all the programs on it.  So now I'm wondering if I should delete W from it and try to load W8.1 on it.  And if that works maybe put it back in the laptop and save the 'new' HDD. Any suggestions welcome.
  • RDCoole
    Another update..... When I ran the eRecovery thumb drive it erased all data on the old drive I had reinstalled.  After several hours it was up and running again.  BTW, the eRecovery drive only had W 8 on it.  Was able to update to 8.1 ok.  Only problem now is that I now have a 'D:' partition that's taken up half of my HD space and am unable to recover the full 'C:' space I used to have. With a partition app I was able to see that there's also another partition between the C and D partitions.  What's with all these partitions??