Acer Aspire Switch 500gb HDD issues

Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me solve my issue with my Aspire Switch 500gb HDD.

I bought a refurbished SW3-013 a couple weeks ago and have not been able to access the 500gb HDD since the start. I have attempted several different ways of troubleshooting, with no success. I have updated the BIOS version and installed mode change indicator, the BIOS version is now the correct version but nothing else has changed. I have reinstalled quick access and nothing has changed. I'm not sure what else to do. I have included pictures that will hopefully be helpful. Thank you!

Quick Access  shows the disk is not pairedQuick Access shows the disk is not pairedManage > Disk Management shows the HDD is unallocated and asks to Initialize DiskManage > Disk Management shows the HDD is unallocated and asks to Initialize DiskNo matter which option I choose it always comes up with the Incorrect Function ErrorNo matter which option I choose it always comes up with the Incorrect Function ErrorSystem Information and BIOS versionSystem Information and BIOS versionSystem InformationSystem InformationSystem Summary > Storage Disks...not sure if any of this is relevantSystem Summary > Storage Disks...not sure if any of this is relevantMore disk infoMore disk infoNot sure if this is relevantNot sure if this is relevant

Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

• IronFlyIronFly ACE Posts: 18,410 Trailblazer

if you right click it on disk management and choose to format?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ifstarsalignifstarsalign Member Posts: 3
    That's something I haven't been able to find yet, a way to format it. It doesn't give me the option to format it anywhere under disk management.
  • IronFlyIronFly ACE Posts: 18,410 Trailblazer

windows logo key + x

click on command prompt admin

on command prompt type

diskpart

list disk

select disk x (x is the number of the 500GB)

format

create partition primary

select partition 1

active

format fs=ntfs

assign letter=D

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ifstarsalignifstarsalign Member Posts: 3
    Answer ✓
    Thank you so much, after a lot of troubleshooting and downloading partition wizard (https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html) I have determined the disk is bad. Luckily I'm still under warranty and they will replace the bad disk. Thanks for the help!