I forgot my password and I cant use my Iconia one 7 B1-770. The hard reset does not work.

humberto
humberto Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

Hello I forgot the password of my Iconia one 7 B1-770 and I`ve tried to do a Hard reset using the key conbination on boot but this does not work. because the boot mode screen does not appear.. also I push the pinhole but this only turn off the tablet but does not permit access to the recovery of the password---- Could you help me, please...

Answers

• EliteMan
    EliteMan Member Posts: 31 New User

Try this again:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Acer+Iconia+Tab+B1-711+3G+-+Factory+-+Hard+reset+-+Password+Removal/23792

Make sure you follow the steps correctly. And remember to use a password that's not easy to crack but also not a password you'll forget.

• humberto
    humberto Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks EliteMan
    I`ve followed that instruction step by step but it does not worl... the screen only show a FASTBOOT Mode sentence withou a menu.. and not show something else..(see the picture attached)
    I don`t know if exist another way that could be used in Acer Iconia One 7 B1-770.

Thanks in advance.

HumbertoScreen shot Acer Iconia One.JPG

• EliteMan
    EliteMan Member Posts: 31 New User

http://www.hard-reset.org/factory-default/how-to-easily-master-format-acer-iconia-tab-b1-a71-with-safe-hard-reset/

"

We can give more protection for ACER ICONIA TAB B1-A71 by activate Android security password pin and screen lock pattern. But sometime we are forget about the security password pin code or screen lock pattern, then you can try to recover by press Forget Password / Pattern button to ask the Google account which already installed at ACER ICONIA TAB B1-A71. If you can not by pass with Google account, than we need to do hard reset with master format."

Is there a button that says Forget Password in the lock screen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTRcK4Mq9AA:

I don't speak spanish but what I saw is that 

1. Your tablet needs to be shut down

2.Then hold power and Volume Up button

3.When you see Acer logo keep holding volume up and release power button

4.When you see options let go of Volume Up

5 Use volume down to scroll down

6.Go to Wipe Data/Factory Reset

7. Hit power button

8.Scroll down and hit yes

9.Then hit power button

And wait.

Just try this one more time if this doesn't work go to where you bought it and ask them to do it for you. If they can't do it just return it and get another one!

• wagygirl
    wagygirl Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter

Did you by any chance use Norton Mobile Protection?

I used their website to unlock and remove my password on my Acer tablet.

Only thing is: the tablet has to be ON and connected to the internet for this to work.

Norton Mobile Security also needs to be set as the Devices Administrator, in settings, security, Administrator.

Login to Norton's website click on your tablet in the list of devices, then choose "Remove Tablet Lock".

I sure hope you use Norton Mobile Security. They have that feature just incase you forget your password, or a child adds one, etc.

• Bhavik
    Bhavik Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi my tab acer one7 4G in important softwear but i forget my passward how can unlock my tab without not delate user data
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night!

Most of the solutions offered will remove your data if you have not saved them in an SD or in the Cloud.
    If you really do not remember and have important data, I suggest that you contact Acer directly:
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/chat/chat_launch

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Since Android devices use your Google account for the login, you can just have Google reset your password for you.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • harramnoor
    harramnoor Member Posts: 1 New User
    humberto said:
    Thanks EliteMan
    I`ve followed that instruction step by step but it does not worl... the screen only show a FASTBOOT Mode sentence withou a menu.. and not show something else..(see the picture attached)
    I don`t know if exist another way that could be used in Acer Iconia One 7 B1-770.

Thanks in advance.

HumbertoScreen shot Acer Iconia One.JPG

hey im from pak .. i am having the same problem with my tablet i saw the screenshot its the same with me .. can you tell me did you got ur tab to hard reset ? and if u recovered ur password please tell me how you did that ? it'll be so nice of you ... PLEASE REPLY THANK YOU 
  • Luminous54
    Luminous54 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Could someone out please tell me  how in gods name am I going to fix this and what is this? Any help that you could give would be greatly appreciated ,, 
  • WelshRed
    WelshRed Member Posts: 1 New User
    Help
    Ive forgotten my pin to access my Acer Iconia One7 B1-790
    Ive tried the resets on here but nothing
    any advice