Intel Platform Drivers Update ACer One 10 S1002

AMannibal
AMannibal Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in Tablets

I am having problems with installing this driver package from the Acer support site, the installer just quits. The Installer Log file has this

• "File path not found. Please check the configuration file for the INF driver file : IntelBatteryManagement.inf - error code : 4294967295"

I searched for the said file and true enough it was neither with the driver package nor in my system 32. Any Ideas how to solve this?

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • AMannibal
    AMannibal Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

Hi Acer Karp,

The link that you posted

Acer-Karp wrote:

Please check link below.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26947#_ga=1.50001957.263337500.1415824428

gets me a 404 Page not Found

• dxnrep
    dxnrep Member Posts: 7 New User

Did you ever get a response or a solution to your problem?  I have the same issues and have no idea where to go from here....

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,336 Community Administrator

AMannibal wrote:

I am having problems with installing this driver package from the Acer support site, the installer just quits. The Installer Log file has this

• "File path not found. Please check the configuration file for the INF driver file : IntelBatteryManagement.inf - error code : 4294967295"

I searched for the said file and true enough it was neither with the driver package nor in my system 32. Any Ideas how to solve this?

Can you please share the Windows build on your S1002?  Press the Windows key Start+ I > System > About > OS Build.

• raven010
    raven010 Member Posts: 2 New User

Capture.PNGHaving the same issue... here's my OS build (no audio, touch screen, battery %, brightness adjust)

• raven010
    raven010 Member Posts: 2 New User

http://www.helpjet.net/Fs-19185298-52205994-49929546.html

I FINALLY GOT THE SOLUTION!!!! Just download the file then go to Installer>platforminstaller>setup

THEN JUST LET IT INSTALL! AFTER A FEW MINUTES... BAM! BACK TO NORMAL!!!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

It might be better to link the drivers directly from the Intel site. You never know for sure what a third party site has added... Hence the reasoning behind the Acer folks stepping in to say 'we don't condone third party links' or words to that effect.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TTorler2
    TTorler2 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi, I found this page because I'm installing an Acer Once 10 S1002 with Windows 10 Version 1607 (Build 14393.576) from a clean install with Windows Update completed and the "Platform Drivers Installer" package from the product support page here:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6142?b=1

FAILS to install with exactly the same error log entry as experienced by OP.

The setup.exe dialog shows the version of this package as "PV Candidate WW28.2" and there are more recent versions on the web but I'm relectant to download from third party (non Acer or Intel) sites if there is an official download available.

My question is, does anyone know how to fix up the Acer installer so it works, or know of a more recent Offical Intel driver download for this machine?

Thanks.

• TTorler2
    TTorler2 Member Posts: 4 New User

OK, solved it myself. There are 4 missing folders under

\Platform Drivers_Intel_1.0.0.1064_W10x86\Installer\PlatformInstaller\Drivers\

These are:

\BM

\hm2056

\ov5648

\PMIC

When these folders (containing the relevant driver files obviously) are pasted into the \Drivers folder you can then run the Setup.exe and it installs.

Additional devices are installed after rebooting (detected through the new .inf files)

Can confirm device manager looks good and sound, touchscreen etc. all work fine.

I Googled "intel mrd7 windows 10 driver" to find a download that contained those folders but obviously you do that at your own risk. I used virustotal.com to check the individual files before using them. All good.

• dsfdfgdfg
    dsfdfgdfg Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

TTorler2 said:

These are:

\BM

\hm2056

\ov5648

\PMIC

When these folders (containing the relevant driver files obviously) are pasted into the \Drivers folder you can then run the Setup.exe and it installs.

Additional devices are installed after rebooting (detected through the new .inf files)

Can confirm device manager looks good and sound, touchscreen etc. all work fine.

I Googled "intel mrd7 windows 10 driver" to find a download that contained those folders but obviously you do that at your own risk. I used virustotal.com to check the individual files before using them. All good.

Any chance you could link to those said files? I've been at it for two days now...
  • dsfdfgdfg
    dsfdfgdfg Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I've just discovered that I can right click on individual *.inf files and select install from the drop down menu. Doing this individually I've got most of the goodies back, including the touch screen.

This person is a God. The solution I've been searching for days!
  • dgtreg114
    dgtreg114 Member Posts: 1 New User
    dsfdfgdfg said:
    TTorler2 said:

These are:

\BM

\hm2056

\ov5648

\PMIC

Any chance you could link to those said files? I've been at it for two days now...
    The cream of the crop here is the link to download these files but of course must choose the system that corresponds to your machine https://downloadcenter.intel.com/fr/download/25311/System-on-a-Chip-SOC-Driver-Package-for-STCK1A32WFC
  • dandrei
    dandrei Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited July 2022
    I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 Home on the Acer One 10 S1002, and was surprised to discover that Windows doesn't install all the drivers by default. After several web searches, I stumbled upon this thread which eventually helped me in finding a solution.

@TTorler2's comment was critical, as it let me know that there are four missing drivers, and which ones they are.

Unfortunately, the recommended soc_byt_win10_32.zip package available from the Intel site only contained some of the missing drivers. Simply copying everything from its "Drivers" folder to the "Drivers" folder of the official setup did not allow it to complete successfully, and doing a standalone installation of the setup in soc_byt_win10_32.zip only got the touchscreen and battery indicator working (not the audio, and I never got around to testing the camera).

So I started hunting for the missing drivers individually, which I will list below.
    Ironically, 2 of them are served by the Windows Update website!

I.
    Folder: \Drivers\BM\
    URL: https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MOTHERBOARD/Intel/Intel-Battery-Management-Device-Driver-604-10146-2803-11117-for-Windows-10.shtml-#download
    Archive name: 20784524_49d9ccef8ebc3967c2ed541e268da86895ce40db.cab
    Found as: "Intel Battery Management Device Driver 604.10146.2803.11117 for Windows 10"

II.
    Folder: \Drivers\hm2056\
    URL: http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2015/10/20784524_49d9ccef8ebc3967c2ed541e268da86895ce40db.cab
    Found as: "Camera Sensor HM2056 Driver for LENOVO - Lenovo MIIX 3 (80JB) working on Microsoft Windows 10 Home"

III.
    Folder: \Drivers\ov5648\
    URL: http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2015/12/20813399_1218cf141abf03866c2acd48c78998f7ce452cda.cab
    Archive name: 20813399_1218cf141abf03866c2acd48c78998f7ce452cda.cab
    Found as: "Camera Sensor OV5648 Driver for KUBO - K197NW working on Microsoft Windows 10 Home".
    Note: I had to delete the ov2680.* files included in this package as they're already present under \Drivers\Camera\, and the duplication caused the installer to crash.

IV.
    Folder: \Drivers\PMIC\
    URL: http://server05.driveridentifier.com/data/july2015/PMIC.zip
    Archive name: PMIC.zip
    Found as: "Intel(R) Power Management IC Device Driver for HOMETECH - N1401A working on Microsoft Windows 10 Home".
    Note: If this link ever goes offline, you can also use the folder from soc_byt_win10_32.zip (which contained a slightly older version).

For everyone's convenience, I have repackaged the resulting setup folder that went to 100% install completion on my S1002, below.

Platform Drivers_Intel_1.0.0.1064_W10x86_[final].zip
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CENIoOR-PjpvTC4Y8Yhy-JrucC0JfnAk/view?usp=sharing

And here's a VirusTotal scan of the archive:
    https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file-analysis/ZjRhMmEyMjNkMTI2MDViYzhiNDQwOWYzZTgyYjVjYmY6MTY1Njg2Mjk4Nw==
  • dandrei
    dandrei Member Posts: 2 New User
    I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 Home on the Acer One 10 S1002, and was surprised to discover that Windows doesn't install all the drivers by default. After several web searches, I stumbled upon this thread which eventually helped me in finding a solution.

@TTorler2's comment was critical, as it let me know that there are four missing drivers, and which ones they are.

Unfortunately, the recommended soc_byt_win10_32.zip package available from the Intel site only contained some of the missing drivers. Simply copying everything from its "Drivers" folder to the "Drivers" folder of the official setup did not allow it to complete successfully, and doing a standalone installation of the setup in soc_byt_win10_32.zip only got the touchscreen and battery indicator working (not the audio, and I never got around to testing the camera).

So I started hunting for the missing drivers individually, which I will list below.
    Ironically, 2 of them are served by the Windows Update website!

I.
    Folder: \Drivers\BM\
    Found as: "Intel Battery Management Device Driver 604.10146.2803.11117 for Windows 10"

II.
    Folder: \Drivers\hm2056\
    Found as: "Camera Sensor HM2056 Driver for LENOVO - Lenovo MIIX 3 (80JB) working on Microsoft Windows 10 Home"

III.
    Folder: \Drivers\ov5648\
    Archive name: 20813399_1218cf141abf03866c2acd48c78998f7ce452cda.cab
    Found as: "Camera Sensor OV5648 Driver for KUBO - K197NW working on Microsoft Windows 10 Home".
    Note: I had to delete the ov2680.* files included in this package as they're already present under \Drivers\Camera\, and the duplication caused the installer to crash.

IV.
    Folder: \Drivers\PMIC\
    Found as: "Intel(R) Power Management IC Device Driver for HOMETECH - N1401A working on Microsoft Windows 10 Home".
    Note: If this link ever goes offline, you can also use the folder from soc_byt_win10_32.zip (which contained a slightly older version).

For everyone's convenience, I have repackaged the resulting setup folder that went to 100% install completion on my S1002, below.

Platform Drivers_Intel_1.0.0.1064_W10x86_[final].zip

And here's a VirusTotal scan of the archive:
  • CuriousKat611
    CuriousKat611 Member Posts: 1 New User

@dandrei THANK YOU for your post!!! Your repackaged setup file (Platform Drivers_Intel_1.0.0.1064_W10x86_[final].zip) was the perfect solution!!! After I reinstalled Windows 10 Home (32-bit) on my Acer One 10 S1002, I ran your setup file and now my Acer is 100% fully operational.

I appreciate all of the time you spent sharing your findings with us. 😉

• IvanBarbosa
    IvanBarbosa Member Posts: 2 New User

@dandrei , so for my ignorance but: so to fix the problem is just download the zip file and execute the installer ("setup") ?

This discussion has been closed.