Acer Aspire V Nitro HDMI issues

Nathitos
Nathitos Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hi all:

I have a problem with my laptop (model VN7-571G). After a recent Windows 10 update, now I am not able to connect the laptop to my flat  LG TV via HDMI. I think it has to be related to Intel Graphics 5500 (current driver 20.19.15.4483). When I connect the laptop to my flat TV, laptop screen goes black but TV message says "Without Conection". The HD Intel Graphic Control Panel only detects laptop screen. When I connect TV to HDMI port recognizes it for half a second, and then TV is not detected again. I cannot install Intel Drivers as I have to go to Acer webpage to get driver, which is the last version I already have. Computer was working ok till last update.

Do I have to wait to get new driver from Acer when it is ready, or do I format computer and start from zero?. Thanks for your help.

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

Of course you can install the latest intel driver from the intel webpage but just with a little bit of tricks. However, I cannot tell you that the latest driver from intel will solve the issue you are experiencing.

Download the .zip file from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26228/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=86210

Then follow the instructions of jose423, which is marked as a solution from this post:

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-591G-latest-driver-2016/m-p/434317#M10190

This will install the intel driver even if you have a "custom manufacturer driver".

• Nathitos

Hi again:

Thanks for your help. Yes, I could install latest intel driver the way it is explained. Unfortunately, it is still not working. It doesn't recognize TV (only a fraction of a second), and it is not a HDMI cable issue, as I can connect to my amplifier without any problem.

I am going to install an older version and see what happens. I assume it is only related with Intel Graphic HD 5500 model, and not with Nvidia drivers.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

Ignacio

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

Does the TV show up in device manager? If yes could you just uninstall it from there and then plugin again to let the notebook to reinstall it. Probably it can help. If it's not showed, you can try to check in the view menu in device manager, show hidden devices.

• Nathitos

Hi again:

Thanks a lot for your help. It is really appreciated.

Yesterday I was able to connect my computer to a monitor via HDMI, so the problem is with my LG TV. All HDMI ports are dead. Quite a lot of complaints in different forums about this.

Regards,

Ignacio

• lgbvirus
    lgbvirus Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the same issue with my Aspire VN7-793G. The HDMI output don't work. The thing is: 1. Work depending of the cable; 2. Work depending of the monitor. Ok crazy but yes. I was trying to connect with my LG monitor. I have tried HDMI x HDMI connection; HDMI x DVI connection and HDMI x HDMI 2 using a second input port. (I tested a total of 4 cables - 3 HDMI x HDMI and 1 HDMI x DVI in 2 monitor HDMI inputs and 1 DVI input.  I had tried initially with 2 HDMI x HDMI distinct cable and one HDMI x DVI cable, all working is second displays with distinct hardwares (cable TV receiver, media player receiver, another computer, so cables are OK). Nothing work. Than I tried a 3erd HDMI cable from a distinct display (old Samsung TV 40''  cable TV hardware) and works well in old Samsung TV. Using this cable that don't work between my notebook and the LG monitor works fine between TV and cable TV box. I have tried to update drivers (intel 630 and GTX 1060), update windiows. NOthing work. But, finally using the 3erd HDMix HDMI cable in the monitor, bang, problem again. Goin back to old samsunt TV (Full HD) works fine. Crazy