ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue or Network Driver

Ukrainianoiler
Ukrainianoiler Member Posts: 4 New User

Brand new TC-710.  Windows 10 Pre installed.  Internet connection should be up to 5mb/s and am only getting just under 2/sec.

Internet provider came out to check modem (I'm on a wired connection btw).  Their laptop connected at 5mb/s but the PC still only showed 1.8 at it's best testing.  They had no solution and my window to return is up in the next couple days.

Is this a Windows 10 issue that can be easily remedied or are there issues with the netword card/adaptor (what is it called). 

I am going to get the owner (my dad in another city) to turn off auto update, uninstall mcafee bloat, and try the speed test on chrome and firefox to ensure it is not Windows Edge for whatever reason.

Any other owners with this issue or can anyone suggest a fix or a way to test his modem/network adaptor (sorry, I'm not sure what it's called).

Also, regarding the modem/adaptor - what does this PC come with - I want him to ensure it's driver/firmware or whatever is up todate and not the cause.

His old computer was a Windows Vista relic but the speed was always near it's max so this thing with all it's power etc is no good for him like this.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i don't think Edge will slow down connection speed, by the way i suggest you to use Chrome or Firefox, since Edge is a little bit buggy.

Uninstall McAfee and use windows 10 built-in antivirus, is good enough.

i don't understand if the TC-710 is connected using ethernet cable (wired) or wifi.

Can you post the BIOS version of your OC?

windows logo key + r

type

msinfo32

report BIOS DATE/version

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Ukrainianoiler
    It's connected using Ethernet. I will ask him re the bios and report back.
  • IronFly

let him try this first:

download the latest Realtek ethernet drivers and let it update the drivers:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

click on global on the right side of Win10 Auto Installation Program (SID:1822948)

• Ukrainianoiler
    I'll send him that and let you know how it goes.

The BIOS info is:
    Bios is American Megatrends Inc. R01-A1, 2015-11-10
    Smbios version 3.0
    Embedded controller v... 255.255
    Bios mode UEFI
  • IronFly
    Answer ✓

ok, let's wait an answer about the Realtek driver.

• Ukrainianoiler

That was it.  Thanks so much. That saved a huge headache for him!  Sorry for the slow reply.  

• IronFly

you welcome. Smiley Happy