Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HA vs. Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P344

What is the difference between these 2 Notebooks???

Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HA

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-R3-131T-P7HA-Signature-Edition-Windows/dp/B014LGK1P2

Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P344

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-R3-131T-P344-11-6-inch-Notebook/dp/B012IBOCR0

The specs seem the same. Only difference I can tell is about $50 on amazon.

Thanks.

FAQ & Answers

• padgettpadgett Posts: 3,918ACE Pathfinder

Well the P344 is blue. I have one that is hotrodded a bit (8GB, Samsung EVO SSD) - original 500GB is now in a USB 3.0 external - and I consider it the best of all my portable devices

• geoffj83geoffj83 Posts: 4Member

lol

They are both blue!

I just had a help chat with someone at amazon.com and they couldn't find any difference either, besides the price.

I thought someone at Acer, the company that builds these machines could tell me. Maybe one is an earlier model??? But the specifications seem to be the same for both.

I guess I'll get the "R3-131T-P344" since it's a little cheaper with the same specs.

I was thinking of upgrading the RAM to 8GB, and a SSD as well.

Was it easy to upgrade??

Also, would I have any problems with the slow processor playing 1080p movies on it??

Thanks.

As mentioned, my P344 now has 8GB ram and a Samsung EVO SSD, both from Amazon. Only tricky part is the microswitch interlock on one of the center screws and the "lift the clasp" cables (do not pull !) on & over the disk drive.

Had an R5/i7 here for assessment and the R3/N3700 was not discernably slower thought the R3 is a ventless design. Unlike what the specs say, the HDMI does support 1920x1080 & personally find the real RJ-45 useful. Also the N3700 idles at 1.6GHz - when needed it ramps up to 2.4

I've gotten lost in all of the models and different configurations, think it hurts Acer in the long run.

• geoffj83geoffj83 Posts: 4Member

So I finally found out the difference!

http://laptoping.com/specs/product/acer-aspire-r-11-r3-131t-p344-r3-131t-p7ha-signature-edition/

"These laptops are identical, with exception of preloaded third-party software. In fact, the Signature Edition R3-131T-P7HA doesn’t have any, thus having a cleaner Windows 10 installation."

Is there much 3rd party software on the P344 that you removed?

Or should I spend the extra $$ and get a clean windows 10 PC with nothing else installed??

Thanks again.

You mean the clean one is $50 more than the preloaded ?

I just removed McAfee on mine (use Defender and EMET set paranoid) and disabled some plugins. Rest I just left unless annoying.

That review is interesting. They didn't seem to understand that the N3700 is a ventless cpu and capable of 2.4GHz. Mine is hotrodded with 8GB RAM and a 250GB (enough for me) SSD. Since I generally use an external 1920x1080 monitor the screen is OK (was really looking to the form factor for transporting) and performance is within the ballpark to a similar i7.