X34 Freesync Problems Thread: ATTN Acer

Options
Samg381
Samg381 Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter

As many of you may know, the FREESYNC version of the X34 is also ridden with issues.

Many users from this forum and others have been complaining about:

-Popping noises.

-Random disconnecting.

-Horizontal tearing

-Artifacting/glitches

-Flickering

There are quite a few threads here with X34 Freesync owners who all have similar issues: 

1. https://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Discussions/XR341CK-freesync-problems/m-p/395813#U395813
  2. https://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Discussions/XR341CKB-Coil-whine/m-p/392835#U392835
  3. https://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Discussions/XR341CK-Flickering-Tearing-Freesync-Issues/m-p/390285#U390285

These issues are not infrequent, and it is time for the owners of this monitor and acer to work together and get this fixed. Each and every one of us has paid a premium price to purchase this monitor, and the level of customer support that we have received is not acceptable by any means.

I have made a variety of posts over the past few weeks stating my problems and have received no support.

I have RMA'd the monitor TWICE and received a defective product both times.

Here are some of the videos I have made documenting the issues:

I think we should use this thread as a place for all FREESYNC X34 owners to communicate, and possibly help acer find a solution much like the alternate version of the monitor's community did.

It is time for acer to step in and intervene. 

Answers

• jarokamaro007
    jarokamaro007 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options
    It's great idea!Hopefully there will be fix soon cause as U said we paid a lot for those monitors and there should be no problem at all!I was goin to buy new DP cable but when i read Ur post i changed my mind...ill wait and follow this thread for now.THANKS!
  • Evo01
    Evo01 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I'm having the same issuses.  Screen going blank randomly.  Sometimes with a pop sound.  Would really love for acer to acknoledge the issue or this will be my first and last acer product.

• jarokamaro007
    Options

Hi.I just rang Acer and told them about all problems we have and ended sending it back.I said that some off Us send it back TWICE but problem is still there.will see what they wil do about it...

• mdm
    mdm Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

Options

Since I still do not have a FreeSync compatible GPU (7970) and no issues of such for now (except the speaker’s sound with brightness below 60%), I wonder do they still occur if you turn FreeSync OFF?

• Samg381
    Options

The flickering at the top of the monitor doesn't happen if freesync is off.

The popping, artifacting and disconnecting happens no matter what.

• mdm

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks for the reply, you have put me at ease, at least to some degree! Because having none of them for now (two weeks’ period), I can only hope it stays as is lol.

Wow, how unfortunate you were unlucky two times! My condolences...

Then for me remains to be seen if I have the flickering issue, but not until buying a new FreeSync card? Fingers crossed till then...

On another note, for the buzzing sound issue, it is also lost if you mute your PC; but stays if you just change your default playback device, and also stays on via HDMI on a TV box if just muted?

Such a strange behavior...?

• Samg381
    Options

Yes, the issue is very bad.

As we speak, my monitor is flickering badly. It could even be getting worse.

I am requesting an update from acer as to what will done about this issue.

• jarokamaro007
    Options
    Go to OSD and reset monitor... I have no problems last few hours...no disconnecting or other problems..but i am sending it back tomorrow coz i have booked colection..will see what Acer will say... Il post here
  • mdm

Tinkerer

Options

Yes, well, haven't given much to it, considered it was a given to do so.
    I immediately reset mine (not going into sleep correctly), as to been recognized normally, monitor to OS and vice versa...

It will probably not solve all the issues...

• Samg381
    Options

I have reset it countless times to no avail.

• Samg381
    Options

Can we get a statement from acer regarding the XR341CK Freesync version?

• Samg381
    Options

Added another video of the issue. I was getting abnormal amounts of graphical artifacting while writing my amazon review of the monitor so I decided to make a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_uk6NE8PEA&feature=youtu.be

Still looking for a comment from Acer Support!

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

All,

I apologize for the delay in responding. I have to admit that you all would probably classify me as an Nvidia fanboy. I don't think I am, but by definition, I've always turned to Nvidia so it was much easier for me to jump in and understand and communicate in gsync related threads. (btw, this isn't to start a Nvidia vs AMD war, I am just comfortable vs one over the other)

I've collected several threads, created spreadsheets and forwarded that information off to the appropriate people. I'm watching and I'll make sure we get an update within the next couple of days.

Cory

• jarokamaro007
    Options
    I jus rang ITR t(place where Acer support sent back my monitor to look at it) they told me it will need NEW board....this is joke!New monitor need new board.ridiculous!i advise to all Predator Monitor owners to send it back iff u have any issues! If new board dont fix problems i will RMA this thing and will never buy Acer Product again....i will post info here when i get it back and test it...
  • Samg381
    Options

Do you have the freesync version or the predator G-Sync version?

I don't think acer has a solution for the freesync issues yet.

• jarokamaro007
    Options
    Freesync Version
  • Martorias
    Martorias Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi. Found this thread through reddit. I too am experiencing some issues with my XR341CK, namely the flickering/banding at the top of the screen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5cCK16EbZ0).

Acer, should I return the monitor or do you have a solution coming for this?

Thanks

• jarokamaro007
    Options

Do not ask acer here coz u will be waiting forever to get answer..just ring them or use online chat..i had to send back mine and they need to put new board....hahaha to new monitor!...never buy again. ACER product....

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• Samg381
    Options

To all the new posters in the thread:

Acer is working on finding a solution to the issue. Much like the G-Sync edition which had similar issues, Acer will first have to collect information, compile it, and send it out to the people that can make a replacement/repair process happen.

What matters is that acer is aware of the issue now and is on the case. Be patient.

Keep in mind the acer representatives working with us now are off duty on the weekends.

• Evo01
    Evo01 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Samg381 wrote:

To all the new posters in the thread:

Acer is working on finding a solution to the issue. Much like the G-Sync edition which had similar issues, Acer will first have to collect information, compile it, and send it out to the people that can make a replacement/repair process happen.

What matters is that acer is aware of the issue now and is on the case. Be patient.

Keep in mind the acer representatives working with us now are off duty on the weekends.

Well said.  Smiley Very Happy  Hopefully a fix comes soon.