XR341CK freesync problems

Options
jarokamaro007
jarokamaro007 Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi.Bought it 2 weeks ago.Few times i heard some bad sound from back off monitor like knock...Many times screen just go black for few seconds and back to normal again...i have it conected thru DP cable..(crossfire setup R9290x) what cause that problem?can it be faulty DP cable that came with monitor>dont have spare one to check it  Smiley Sad so i will try connect thru HDMI and see if i got that problem again...anyone have same problems?

Answers

• Samg381
    Samg381 Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter
    Options

Yes. I have the exact same problem as you.

I have RMA'd the monitor twice and got faulty monitors back both times.

I also bought a good DisplayPort cable and it didn't fix/help the problem at all.

I have also been getting flickering, tearing, popping noises, and loss of connectivity.

Acer hasn't aknowledged this problem, and I hope they will soon.

I paid $1000 for this monitor and the level of customer support I am getting is abhorrent.

Please use this thread if you would like to speak with people experiencing similar issues:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Discussions/X34-Freesync-Problems-Thread-Acer-It-s-time-to-acknowledge-the/td-p/395886

• ElBandito
    ElBandito Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi All!

I've had an XR341Ck for 3 or 4 months,  i've been loving it, but using it over HDMI. I just spent over £300 on a freesync graphics card and an £8 display port cable and dicsovered all of the horrible problems people are experiencing here - flickers, pops, black screens. All of this on my desktop - ive not tried any games yet.

I'm using a Sapphire Tre-X R9 290X,

WIndows 7

I just installed the 16.1 hotfix drivers and this seems to have solved the popping, i'm just left with occasional bands of corruption / artefacts that appear every minute or two. 

I'll be keeping tabs on this forum to see if the remaining issues can be resolved... I'm not sure if I should send my monitor back for replacement / repairs - what do people think?