Aspire V5-571G - Fan Stuck at Max Speed

Hello Acer community,

Two days ago I replace me laptop fan, my old one was making a lot of noise, so i bought this one at a local store (http://1bit.pt/pt/ventoinhas/644-ventoinha-acer-aspire-v5-v5-531-v5-431-v5-471-v5-571-dfs481305mc0t.html). I follow a video tutorial on youtube, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrKPisD7H0U) and replace it. But now the fan is always working ate max speed, non-stop. I tried speed fan but it doesm't recognize the fan, or the fan speed. I tried HWiNFO32 but it doen't show the fan, it says Type: Unknown ans Status: Unknown. I can´t find anything at the BIOS and i even tried to update the BIOS using the files on acer support page, but it won´t work. I click on update, it opens a cmd line for a split second and does nothing else.

Can someone help me? Any solution?

Thanks in advancve. 

FAQ & Answers

• Hello,

1. Have you tried to load the default settings in the bios setup utility?
    2. Do you see the speed of the fan with HWMONITOR (zip version - no installation)?
    France
  • RuiMiguelRuiMiguel Member Posts: 5

Thanks for your answer laurent_14, 

I just tried to load the default settings in Bios and after that i was able to update it but the fan remains doing the same.

I can´t see the fan speed in HWMONITOR, zip or installation. And now the information avaiable on HWiNFO32 doensn't even mention the cooling system.

Any more ideas? Is there a way to check the system for hardware changes? Or some kind of driver for the fan?

Thanks for your help.

• How many wires has your old fan?

The new one has 4 pins/wires (FCN - DFS481305MC0T):

-, +, tachymeter and PWM

France

I have no idea, I already throw it out. Smiley Sad

I just checked with my father, he helped me with the processe and he remembers the fan had 4 wires.

• Ok I read the technical document of your model. Apparently the original fan has 3 wires:

-, +, tachometer signal.

My opinion (never tested):

The PWM (frequency generator) is not connected. May be it is your issue of full speed.

I suggest you to contact the seller and request him more information about the compatibility.

Sorry I can't help you more.Smiley Sad

France
  • "I just checked with my father, he helped me with the processe and he remembers the fan had 4 wires.":

In this case, your new fan is really defective. Contact you seller to change it.

France

Thanks for your help, i'll do that.