My new Acer Aspire E5-771 doesn't wake up after sleep

Elise
Elise Member Posts: 5 New User
edited May 2022 in Aspire Laptops

Hello,

I've just purshased a new Acer Aspire E5-771 (IGP, not Nvidia).

When I get into deep sleep, it can wake-up normally. I mean that after pressing power button and booting Windows, it comes back to my opened session.

But wen I get in simple sleep (close the lid or press Alt+F4), it cannot wake up. Let me be precise. Wen it is in simple sleep, the orange LED is blinking. If I open the lid, nothing happens. If I press a keystroke, the LED becomes quickly blue and then switches off (1/10 second). No noise, no image. Nothing else happen. I have to press power button to switch on the computer, but I lose my session and have to boot all of Windows.

It does this from the beggining, even with my updated drivers and with the last 1.15 BIOS.

Except this simple sleep issue, everything seems to be fine. I'm almost sure that it is a software or a BIOS issue but doesn't know how to solve it.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Go to Power Options/Change Plan Settings/ Change advanced power settings/Sleep and click the + sign and Make sure "Allow Hybrid sleep" is off and "Hibernate after" is never.

• Elise

Ace Philetus,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work.

I tryed hybrid off hibernate never, hybrid on hibernate never, hybrid on hibernate 15' and hybrid off hibernate 15'. Nothing worked.

My computer is still sleeping when à I close the lid, but it never wake up after this.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Give this a try. After you change the setting, reboot and try sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXVHkALDvnI

• Elise

ACE philetus,

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't allow my computer to wake up by pressing any keystroke, opening the lid or clicking mouse button. I still try on battery and on AC. I also try with a peripheral on USB2, on USB3 and without any peripheral. I still have to press the power button and wait for Windows to boot.

To be precise, I noticed that when I press a keystroke, I quickly see a blue LED (as previously mentionned) but I also hear a little noise (HDD or fan). I mean that it seems that the computer is trying to wake up but can't. I should maybe try uninstalling all off the software preinstalled (Nero, PowerDVD, Acer restauration...). I also guess that it is some kind of S3 or S5 sleep problem, but the BIOS is blocked.

Smiley Frustrated

• Elise

Hello,

Could anyone from Acer fix this bug with a new BIOS or something ?

Thanks

• Elise

Thanks but it still didn't change anything.

The new chipset driver didn't help either.

I guess I'll have to RMA it when I won't need it (during holydays for example) because it could take a long to fix it.

But I still hope that a new BIOS will be released soon...

• MintberryCrunch
    MintberryCrunch Member Posts: 6 New User
    Hi everyone!

I have this EXACT problem with my E5-571. 

Has anyone found a fix to this defect, meanwhile?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    @MintberryCrunch since yours is a different model, you should start a new thread. Be sure to include your full model number and exactly the symptoms. It will make it much easier for future people with the same model and problem to find the thread.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kashishbhatia122
    kashishbhatia122 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Before anything else you should change "Performance" setting in "Intel Optane memory and Storage Manager" application from the window store ( https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9MZNG5HZWZ1T ). 
    1. Open the app
    2. Go to the Performance section
    3. Turn OFF "Link Power Management"

Cross your finger and hope it fixes everything.