JOIN OUR RANKS
Sign up for an Acer ID and get exclusive access to deals and the Predator Den community, where you can ask and answer questions about gaming and gear.
I purchased an Aspire R7 a couple months ago and was terribly dissappointed with the wifi connectivity. I see a lot of users have had this issue as well. Well today I fixed the problem and it is very simple.
1. Navigate to your Device Manager
2. Click on "Network adapters"
3. Double-click on "Braodcom 802.11n Network Adapter"
#A new window should open.
4. In the new window click the "Advanced" tab
#I changed two values
5. Navigate to "IBSS Mode" change value from 802.11a/b/g Auto to 802.11a/b/g Performance
6. Navigate down to the last property ("XPress (TM) Technology") change value from Disabled to Enabled.
MY SPEED WENT FROM .75MBPS TO 20.14MBPS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF MY HOUSE.
Please comment and let me know if this works for your R7 or any other Acer laptop.
If this does not work also try setting "IBSS Mode" to 802.11a/b/g Auto