My Windows 8 Product key

Rishino
Rishino Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 22 in 2019 Archives

Hello,
I'm Xarvaine Martina,
I bought a acer aspire e1-571 laptop for school,with windows 8 already on it.
3 Months later i bought the Operating System Crashed.
I'm sitting here with a pc here asking me for the product key.
I need help i kinda figured tht maybe if i send the pc details i might get the product key? Cause its no where on the box or the laptop

Thank you. Smiley Sad

Answers

• Microsoft do not provide Windows 8 keys for preinstalled OEM versions (it is not necessary as the key is embedded). Consequently, a COA label is not issued. You simply need to execute 'Acer Recovery Management' at boot up with Alt + F10. (Note, any data will be lost as your machine will revert to its original shipped state.) A key will not be required.

• gmoneyumar
    gmoneyumar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Please is the acer recovery management with alt +F10 for all acer or it is only for E1-571? Am having a similar situation also but mine is E1-531... please you can reach me through my email address address via uyahaya963@gmail.com
  • Yes, this recovery method is available on your machine too (assuming the recovery partition is present and valid).

I regret I am unable to respond other than through the forums.

• mukhtar
    mukhtar Member Posts: 1 New User

iwant send me windows 8 product key for ace  Aspire E1-531

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi mukhtar

If your E1-531 is an original pre-loaded Windows 8 laptop, then there is no product key for it. It is embedded in the UEFI/BIOS. When you reinstall Windows from your recovery partition or USB media it will automatically activate.

If you're upgrading your E1-531 from Windows 7 to Windows 8, your product key will be with the disk you bought, or if it was a digital download, it will have been emailed to you.

Hope this helps!

• all-techNZ
    all-techNZ Member Posts: 1 New User

We have a customer who's dropped her laptop & now the hard drive is inaccessable (dead & unrecoverable) needing to be replaced (voiding the warranty obviously).

It's an E1-531-B9604G50Mnks with a manufacture date of 2013/04/03

I'm sure the below problem will apply to quite a number of people, so to ask it here & to recieve an answer on this forum would be very helpful to all who follow behind I'd imagine.

• If we install Windows 8 on her machine we are asked for a product key during the installation process.

• How do we bypass this, will the BIOS automatically input it or do we need an OEM disk to perform this process.

Thanks in advance.

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hello!

The embedded Windows 8 product key is an Acer OEM one. It will work if you have the recovery media. If you install a different copy of Windows 8, it should automatically ask for the product key, and you will need the product key that the different copy comes with.

As far as I'm aware, you cannot use the embedded one on a non Acer disk/media.

• ChrisJR74
    ChrisJR74 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a Acer V3-551g I bought it last May from NewEgg.com 

I formatted the driver to install windows 7 because I wasn't familiar with Win 8 and it was driving me nuts..

Well after a Year riddled with driver issues and compatibility issues. I've decided I want to go back to Windows 8

The laptop did not come with a CD nor a Serial # on the bottom of the laptop like Most OEM providers give..

What can I do to get a ISO of WIn 8 or installer? and my Serial # please? I need to format this laptop is running fairly poor at the moment...

I don't see where it would be "embedded into the bios either" it's a fairly basic stock BIOS....

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer

You need to contact Acer and purchase recovery media. The embedded key will only work with Win8 supplied by Acer.

• csmart
    csmart Member Posts: 18 New User

I don't have the recovery partition. Is there other way to do it? I want restore my Acer W510 to factory state. 

• 30yeartech
    30yeartech Member Posts: 1 New User

Assuming you can run windows still you can obtain you Windows licence key through running software like Belarc adivisor, http://www.belarc.com/Programs/advisorinstaller.exe

To put it as Acer did to me, if you didnt create recovery disks at some point, you are hooped unless you purchase them from Acer.

Note: The recovery partition becomes useless once you update from Win8 to Win8.1, so create a recovery set before updating.

x

Also Acer hasnt been very good about updating drivers to 8.1, and for the most part just ported the Win8 driver to their 8.1 listings. Unfortunately this doesnt always work completely. Noteably, the atheros SD card reader needs a proper update as functions like Readyboost will not function correctly , among others.

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer

csmart,
    If you have removed your recovery partition and have not created recovery media, your only option is to contact Acer to purchase the correct disks for your machine.

Note that you will not be required to enter a key to install from Acer's media as it is embedded in your machine. Also note that if you install a version other than that supplied by Acer, you will need to use the key that accompanies that copy. The Acer key is only valid when used with Acer's media.

• jahed
    jahed Member Posts: 1 New User

i need to my new product key....on my acer e_1_510

• Ismail
    Ismail Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

You can find your previous OEM key that is hidden in the system BIOS.

Use this tool: RWeverything: http://rweverything.com/download/

Tutorial here: https://philipyip.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/rweverything.png

• alassesen
    alassesen Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I tried updating to windows 10 when it was free... and now I have tried everyting i know of and searched the internet... I Cant get back to the Windows 8.1, with using alt+F10 seems like it only wanna repair the windows 10 installation... Is it some how possible to get a key, or do something to get back to windows 8...??

Its an Aspire E1-772G

Regard Allan Lassesen

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,438 Trailblazer

In the message just previous to yours were links to utilities and instructions for viewing your original Windows 8 or 8.1 key. With the key and a Windows install image you can reinstall the old OS, although you will have to reinstall all your applications. Make sure you backup your data first, since it'll be wiped as well. Another option would be to purchase the recovery disks from Acer to restore yours back to the factory defaults from when it was new.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CyberDaeng
    CyberDaeng Member Posts: 1 New User

Thanks a lot Sir. You are a life saver...

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,438 Trailblazer

Glad I could help. Smiley Wink

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • marctaillefer
    marctaillefer Member Posts: 1 New User

yes i am searching for my acer aspire e17 windows 8.1 product key i need it to reinstall windows eight in my laptop

• Zrepaull
    Zrepaull Member Posts: 1 New User

The embedded Windows 8 product key is an Acer OEM one. It will work if you have the recovery media. If you install a different copy of Windows 8, it should automatically ask for the product key, and you will need the product key that the different copy comes with.

As far as I'm aware, you cannot use the embedded one on a non Acer disk/media.

You will require your OEM key for any installs. Hence the key is usually written on Windows 8 logo sticker on your PC. Let me know in comments if it is not there. 

PS: check this article, it provides three ways to find windows 8 product key:

http://www.iseepassword.com/how-to-find-windows-8-product-keys.html