Concerns after clean NVIDIA driver Installation on Acer Nitro 5 (AN517-55). Lost Optimization?

Carmine12
Carmine12 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited 2:34AM in Nitro Gaming

Hi Acer Community,

I recently performed a clean installation of the NVIDIA drivers for my GeForce RTX 4060 on my Acer Nitro 5 (AN517-55-99LZ). This was due to an issue where a certain file was constantly using my GPU, even when I wasn’t gaming or running any programs. The file would be active as long as the PC was on, even when I wasn’t doing anything. I tried restarting multiple times, but the problem persisted.

Before doing the clean installation, I attempted to force the system to stop using this file by adjusting its 3D settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel and in the Windows graphics settings, but unfortunately, nothing worked.

After performing the clean driver installation, the issue has finally been resolved, and everything runs smoothly while gaming. However, I’m now concerned that I may have lost some factory-set optimizations for my hardware, such as pre-configured settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel or other system drivers that came with my laptop. I’m also worried about potential conflicts with Acer-specific applications like NitroSense or other pre-installed software.

Should I reinstall any specific drivers or software from Acer’s website to regain potential optimizations, or is it safer to avoid that to prevent conflicts?

I appreciate any advice on ensuring my laptop is running optimally after this clean installation.

Thanks in advance for your help!

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail to the title]

Best Answer

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,614 Pathfinder
    edited 5:58AM Answer ✓

As I mentioned, Reinstalling GPU driver has nothing to do with the system softwares directly; this means that applications like NitroSense and others are not affected. Regarding optimization in NVIDIA Control Panel, both Acer and NVIDIA have not changed any settings there. The settings you see now are standard for all NVIDIA users.

Additional Information:

• GPU drivers are complex and continuously updated to enhance performance across various applications and games.
    • NVIDIA and AMD often release driver updates that optimize performance for specific titles, but these optimizations do not typically alter user-specific settings.
    • Users should ensure their drivers are up to date to benefit from the latest performance enhancements.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566

Answers

• GAMING6698

It's great that you were able to achieve good performance after reinstalling the GPU driver. That file was likely a bug or a corrupted file, rather than an optimization issue from Acer or NVIDIA. The companies prioritize improving user experience, so it's always best to avoid these types of files. If it were an important system file, the system would have given you an error or some kind of notification, but it didn't, so you don't need to worry. Enjoy gaming!! System files has nothing to do with gpu drivers files. Only gpu Drivers files get reset after gpu reinstallation.

• Carmine12

Thank you for the response, it’s very helpful. However, just to clarify, my main concern was whether I might have lost any pre-configured settings or optimizations that Acer (or NVIDIA) may have implemented specifically for my hardware. For example, were there any factory settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel or other drivers that I may have unintentionally reset during the clean driver installation?

Additionally, I'm wondering if there’s a potential for conflicts with Acer software like NitroSense or other pre-installed applications after this clean installation.

I appreciate any further insights on these specific points!

• dsasdafs
    dsasdafs Member Posts: 1 New User

IA mobile phone, often referred to as a "mobile," is a portable device that has revolutionized the way we communicate and access information. Initially used for calling and texting, modern mobiles now serve as powerful tools for browsing the internet, using social media, capturing photos, and running various apps. With features like GPS, cameras, and entertainment options, mobiles have become essential in our daily lives. They offer convenience, keeping us connected to the world on the go, making them indispensable for work, learning, and staying in touch with loved ones There was an error displaying this embed.

• GAMING6698
    edited 5:58AM Answer ✓

As I mentioned, Reinstalling GPU driver has nothing to do with the system softwares directly; this means that applications like NitroSense and others are not affected. Regarding optimization in NVIDIA Control Panel, both Acer and NVIDIA have not changed any settings there. The settings you see now are standard for all NVIDIA users.

Additional Information:

• GPU drivers are complex and continuously updated to enhance performance across various applications and games.
    • NVIDIA and AMD often release driver updates that optimize performance for specific titles, but these optimizations do not typically alter user-specific settings.
    • Users should ensure their drivers are up to date to benefit from the latest performance enhancements.

• Carmine12
    edited 5:49AM

Thank you! I appreciate the clarification. It's reassuring to know that the settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel are standard for all users and that I haven’t lost any specific optimizations from Acer for my laptop. Thanks again for your help!