Concerns after clean NVIDIA driver Installation on Acer Nitro 5 (AN517-55). Lost Optimization?

Carmine12
Carmine12 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited 2:34AM in Nitro Gaming

Hi Acer Community,

I recently performed a clean installation of the NVIDIA drivers for my GeForce RTX 4060 on my Acer Nitro 5 (AN517-55-99LZ). This was due to an issue where a certain file was constantly using my GPU, even when I wasn’t gaming or running any programs. The file would be active as long as the PC was on, even when I wasn’t doing anything. I tried restarting multiple times, but the problem persisted.

Before doing the clean installation, I attempted to force the system to stop using this file by adjusting its 3D settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel and in the Windows graphics settings, but unfortunately, nothing worked.

After performing the clean driver installation, the issue has finally been resolved, and everything runs smoothly while gaming. However, I’m now concerned that I may have lost some factory-set optimizations for my hardware, such as pre-configured settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel or other system drivers that came with my laptop. I’m also worried about potential conflicts with Acer-specific applications like NitroSense or other pre-installed software.

Should I reinstall any specific drivers or software from Acer’s website to regain potential optimizations, or is it safer to avoid that to prevent conflicts?

I appreciate any advice on ensuring my laptop is running optimally after this clean installation.

Thanks in advance for your help!

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail to the title]

Answers