ACER Aspire E15-571-58u1, laptop switches on but there is nothing showing on the screen

Hightone
Hightone Member Posts: 7 New User
edited July 8 in Aspire Laptops

Hi

First of all my name is Ian but all call me Hightone

My Q is... i cant figure out what the problem could be as the laptop switches on but there is nothing showing on the screen my gutfeeling says its a frozen bios or the bios

Everything is coming on but nothing on screen evan the external doesnt show asswell

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,509 Pathfinder
    edited July 8 Answer ✓

Sure it's likely a hardware related or bios/firmware. You said your uncle son did bios update then it's Interrupted BIOS Update: If the BIOS update process was interrupted or failed midway, it can leave the BIOS/UEFI in an unstable state, leading to the symptoms you're experiencing (repeated restarts, no display).

Main problem is I never tried something like recovering bios so I don't know if my steps will work or not but I share here if you want to do it by yourself. But I warn you to do it at your own risk.

Note- you may need to take the laptop to an Acer service center, as the BIOS chip may need to be reprogrammed or replaced.

It won't cost much to reset your BIOS, depends on the country you live in

To perform a BIOS recovery on an Acer laptop like the Aspire E15-571-58u1, follow these steps:

1. Prepare the USB Drive:
      • Format a USB drive as FAT32.
      • Download the latest BIOS update from the Acer support website.
      • Extract the BIOS files to the root directory of the USB drive.
    2. Rename the BIOS File:
      • Rename the BIOS file to B5W1Ax64.fd or ZG5IA32.fd depending on the specific model.
    3. Perform the Recovery:
      • Turn off the laptop and connect the AC adapter.
      • Insert the USB drive into a USB port.
      • Press and hold the Fn+Esc keys, then press the power button.
      • Release the Fn+Esc keys after a few seconds when the fan starts spinning at full speed.
    4. Wait for Completion:
      • The laptop will automatically power off after the recovery process is complete.

Note- You need to take the laptop to an Acer service center, as the BIOS chip may need to be reprogrammed or replaced if you still face same issue.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566

Answers

• Hightone

Just want to add the blue light stays solid blue than after 30 seconds or so than the laptop restarts

If someone maybe can help me Asap i will appreciate it

Thank you in advance

Ian

• GAMING6698
    edited July 6

Is the Acer logo also not appearing?.

Try performing battery reset-

Perform a hardware reset by removing the battery (if possible) and holding down the power button for 30 seconds. Then reinsert the battery (if removable) and try turning on the laptop again.

Check this too-

• Hightone

Hi

Thanks for the help i have tried that nothing not evan the logo black as black i will add on a foto

• GAMING6698

Hardware problems: The issue might be with the laptop's hardware, such as a loose connection between the screen and the motherboard which laptop mechanism of opening amd closing lid can do , a faulty screen, or issues with the graphics card. These types of issues often require professional repair or replacement of the affected components. It's advisable to visit nearest acer service centre.

You can also try external monitor if available.

• Hightone

Yes i have tested my pc screen on my laptop nothing and i know i can rule it out iets not the screen as my external screen also is black can this be a frozen bios maybe as nothing comes on the screen.

And what i dont understand it takes 30s to come on than restarts over over and over asswell that is why im thinking its a Bios prob

I got this laptop from my uncle and his son dit something he should not do he try to update Bios

• GAMING6698
    edited July 8 Answer ✓

Sure it's likely a hardware related or bios/firmware. You said your uncle son did bios update then it's Interrupted BIOS Update: If the BIOS update process was interrupted or failed midway, it can leave the BIOS/UEFI in an unstable state, leading to the symptoms you're experiencing (repeated restarts, no display).

Main problem is I never tried something like recovering bios so I don't know if my steps will work or not but I share here if you want to do it by yourself. But I warn you to do it at your own risk.

Note- you may need to take the laptop to an Acer service center, as the BIOS chip may need to be reprogrammed or replaced.

It won't cost much to reset your BIOS, depends on the country you live in

To perform a BIOS recovery on an Acer laptop like the Aspire E15-571-58u1, follow these steps:

1. Prepare the USB Drive:
      • Format a USB drive as FAT32.
      • Download the latest BIOS update from the Acer support website.
      • Extract the BIOS files to the root directory of the USB drive.
    2. Rename the BIOS File:
      • Rename the BIOS file to B5W1Ax64.fd or ZG5IA32.fd depending on the specific model.
    3. Perform the Recovery:
      • Turn off the laptop and connect the AC adapter.
      • Insert the USB drive into a USB port.
      • Press and hold the Fn+Esc keys, then press the power button.
      • Release the Fn+Esc keys after a few seconds when the fan starts spinning at full speed.
    4. Wait for Completion:
      • The laptop will automatically power off after the recovery process is complete.

Note- You need to take the laptop to an Acer service center, as the BIOS chip may need to be reprogrammed or replaced if you still face same issue.

• Hightone

Thank so i was right im in south africa

Thanks for clearing my final thought will try what you goven me and will let you know thanks alot

• Hightone

Just a follow up i did try what you have told me and no luck the fan spun but still black screen my only thought is to reprogram the bios chip but not sure if or where to for the reprogramming. The name brands dont do that how the job i dont know lol but anyway the external monitor black asswell i did put my ear at the back and just isnt healthy sound to me got new thermail paste

Im want to desolder the cmos battery and see after a few good minutes

My Q is can it really be the bios chip as the external not evan working but the startup sounds great and it still restart after a few seconds.

I dont want to do the bios reprogramming and it is something more critical i saw on youtube the same issue than after reprogram it is sorted.

I had a lenovo laptop asswell those guys dont help the professional way you guys do

I really appreciate the help always better to ask make sure than do

Last thing is there a acer repair in south africa for the bios?

• GAMING6698

I asked other members to join this discussion to provide further answers for you.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,630 Trailblazer

Try the official Aspire E15-571 laptop BIOS Secure Flash Utilities to restore a BIOS when it becomes corrupted in your laptop. I include this PDF guide that was taken from the Aspire E15-571 official service guide, so it works but if you haven't got experience with recovering a bios flash utility, I suggest that you get a technician to do this for you and either recover the bios or reprogram the bios if its corrupted beyond recovery. Good luck and hope this assist you further.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍