an515-57 Acer nitro 5 charger keeps disconnecting after minutes of plugging the charger

blankzen
blankzen Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 7 in Nitro Gaming

i have an515-57 when i plugged the charger its charges my laptop but after a few mins the orange light indicator turns off and its not charging anymore what can i do?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• blankzen
    Answer ✓

This works!!! Thankyou, turns out my battery was the problem and it needs to be replaced.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,509 Pathfinder

Check the Power Adapter and Cable: Ensure that the power adapter is securely plugged into both the laptop and the power outlet. Also, check the adapter for any physical damage or frayed cables.

Inspect the Charging Port: Make sure there is no debris or dirt in the charging port of your laptop. Use compressed air to blow out any dust that might be obstructing the connection.

Perform battery reset using below link-

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • blankzen

still not working but when i shut it down and charged it, it charges but when i turn it on the charge indicator turns off and its not charging anymore

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,630 Trailblazer
    edited July 8

Disconnect the adapter and then run your AN515-57 laptop on the battery until you get the low battery warning signal, then plug the adapter into the laptop power port and charge the battery fully. This should stop the orange light from coming on, as this is a symptom of having the laptop plugged into the adapter and into the mains power 24/7. It happens to my AN515-56 and that is how I fix this orange light problem. Good luck and hope this helps you out. If not then you need to take your laptop to a technician that can check the main power rail of the laptop and the charging rail for a shorted capacitor or mosat that is casing the recharging error in your laptop. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,509 Pathfinder
    edited July 8

If the above steps don't resolve the issue, the problem may be with the laptop's internal charging circuitry, which would require professional diagnosis and repair by an Acer service center. Therefore, visit the nearest Acer service center with your laptop and charger because its also possible that the charger may not be supplying enough current after some time.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,168 Trailblazer

2-year-old battery should be good but perhaps a full charge cycle was never made after a Windows reinstall. Run a battery report and check the last full charge capacity. Check that Connected Standby is supported (see red box below)

If this shows not supported the Smart chip in the battery has disabled the battery for fire protection.

• blankzen
    Answer ✓

This works!!! Thankyou, turns out my battery was the problem and it needs to be replaced.

• lvy
    lvy Member Posts: 5 New User

1. Check the power adapter: Confirm that the power adapter is working properly. You can try plugging it into another power outlet to see if charging can be restored.
    2. Check the charging cable: Check if the charging cable is damaged or has poor contact. You can try replacing the charging cable to see if it can restore charging.
    3. Check the computer battery: The computer battery may have reached its lifespan limit, causing it to not charge properly. You can try removing the battery and reinstalling it to see if charging can be restored.
    4. Check the charging interface: The computer's charging interface may have dirt or dust, which can cause poor contact. You can try wiping the charging port with a clean cloth to see if charging can be restored.
    5. Try a soft restart: Sometimes the computer may not charge properly due to certain software issues. You can try a soft restart to see if charging can be restored.
      If it's a battery, personally I like this one. Most of my batteries are purchased here, and they are still usable with a wide variety of options

If it's a battery, personally I like this one. Most of my batteries are purchased here, and they are still usable with a wide variety of options https://www.au-laptop-battery.com/

My experience is that you need to carefully check the pictures and product parameters when purchasing.