acer swift 3 SF314-43 wifi adapter upradegability options

cloudy174
cloudy174 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey guys! I just got the acer swift 3 (sf314-43) laptop with amd ryzen 7 5700u, 16gb ram and 512GB SSD.

Can i change a Mediatek MT7921 adapter to Intel Ax210?

Thanks for answers

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Yes you can. Both adapters are WI-FI 6E.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,275 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Easy to change the WIFI card (red circle):

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Yes you can. Both adapters are WI-FI 6E.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gpaspot13
    gpaspot13 Member Posts: 1 New User

The Wi-Fi adapter in laptops is usually soldered onto the motherboard, which means it is not easily replaceable or upgradable by the user. It is typically integrated into the laptop's system board and designed to work specifically with the laptop's hardware and drivers.

If you're experiencing issues with the Wi-Fi adapter or looking to upgrade to a faster or more advanced Wi-Fi standard, there are a few options you can consider:

1. Software optimization: Ensure that you have the latest drivers and firmware updates for your Wi-Fi adapter installed. Sometimes, performance or connectivity issues can be resolved by updating the drivers or adjusting the settings.
    2. USB Wi-Fi adapter: If you want to upgrade to a different Wi-Fi standard or improve the performance of your wireless connection, you can consider using a USB Wi-Fi adapter. These adapters plug into the USB port of your laptop and provide an alternative wireless connectivity option. Make sure to choose a USB Wi-Fi adapter that is compatible with your desired Wi-Fi standard (e.g., 802.11ac, 802.11ax) and meets your performance requirements.
    3. External Wi-Fi antenna: If you're experiencing weak Wi-Fi signal reception, you can also consider using an external Wi-Fi antenna. These antennas connect to your laptop via USB and can provide better signal strength and range compared to the built-in antenna. They are especially useful if you're in a location with a weak Wi-Fi signal or experiencing interference.

Before making any hardware changes or purchases, I recommend checking the Acer Swift 3 SF314-43's user manual or contacting Acer support directly to confirm the specific upgradability options available for the Wi-Fi adapter in your particular model.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,275 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Easy to change the WIFI card (red circle):

• cloudy174
    cloudy174 Member Posts: 3 New User

I am not the only one who had problems with the MT7921, I am sure that the only way to help is to replace the adapter.

• Pariston
    Pariston Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter

Hello. We have the same laptop. SF314-43 mine is 5500u 16gb ram 512gb ssd. Does the left side of your acer get hot when charging? It gets too hot sometimes. I have to place a electric fan near it to alleviate the heat.

• About this heating issue, I would first try to update the bios to the latest version:

1.Support Win11 SV2.
    • Data:2022/09/27
    • Versão:1.06
    • Fornecedor:Acer
    • Tamanho:6.47 MB
    • Download

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pariston

I'm on Windows 10. Is it safe to update bios even on Win10?

• Yes, you can update bios through windows 10. However, it is important to note that updating bios is risky.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pariston

Okayy… So should I update or not? Is it safer to update on Windows 11?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,698 Trailblazer

Updating the BIOS is typically not a big risk, especially on a laptop where a power outage shouldn't affect you. If there's something going wrong with the laptop, so it's unstable when running, don't do a BIOS update, but if things are normal go ahead and do it. It doesn't matter whether you are running Windows 10 or 11.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.