Acer Apire 5 A515-56G-54K9 Can Firmware be Re-Flashed Even if at the Latest Version

Aurora_X76
Aurora_X76 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2023 in Aspire Laptops

I own an Acer Apire 5 A515-56G-54K9 (NX.AT1EK.009)

The software that Acer offers to manually re-flash the firmware (i.e. outside of Windows update) doesn't allow you the re-flash the firmware if it's already at the latest version.

Is there any way to re-flash the firmware, even if you're already at the latest version?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Yes, you can upgrade back to the same version by making a modification to the platform.ini file. However, it is extremely risky. My advice is to ignore the acer care center warning.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

The file is located in the windows temp folder after starting the exe file.

Answers

• wascas

Do you have issues with your machine? Why do you want to reflash a BIOS which is up to date?

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

@Aurora_X76

It is highly not recommended to reflash the Bios. It is done only for known issues.

Updating your system BIOS is only necessary if a new version has been released to resolve a specific issue or contains an improvement for your system. Updating the BIOS will not make your system faster or improve your system performance. You should install a BIOS update if you are confident it addresses an issue you are experiencing.

Kindly go through the details from the link given below

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/510-how-to-update-your-bios-on-an-acer-notebook-computer

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Aurora_X76
    Aurora_X76 Member Posts: 4 New User

I'm just asking in case I get a firmware-based malware at some point. My concern is that if the firmware is up-to-date, I wouldn't be able to re-flash it, thus being stuck with the malware. I'm aware that depending on the type of malware, re-flashing may not even be possible in the first place, but I'm asking just in case it's possible

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Yes, you can upgrade back to the same version by making a modification to the platform.ini file. However, it is extremely risky. My advice is to ignore the acer care center warning.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • wascas
    Answer ✓

The file is located in the windows temp folder after starting the exe file.