How do I install the latest BIOS for my computer?
Updating your system BIOS is only necessary if a new version has been released to resolve a specific issue or contains an improvement for your system. Updating the BIOS will not make your system faster or improve your system performance. You should install a BIOS update if you are confident it addresses an issue you are experiencing.
- Visit the Acer Drivers and Manuals page .
- Enter your Serial Number or select your model from the list.
- Select BIOS/Firmware and click the Download link for the BIOS you want to install.
- Open the folder where the file downloaded to, then right-click on the file name and select Extract All.
- Double-click the file application file that was extracted to begin the install.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install the BIOS. Make sure you have an AC adapter connected.