PS5 VRR support with Acer X27p but couldn't find a clear specific answer for that.

Options
ewok79
ewok79 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2022 in Predator Monitors

Hi everyone,

As the title already says, I'm wondering if the X27p, which comes with official VRR support via hdmi, would support the PS VRR feature.

I already googled a lot, but couldn't find a clear specific answer for that.

As I already know, the X27p has only hdmi 2.0, but I read that xbox x series VRR works, so will PS5 also works on that, although it requires officially hdmi 2.1?

thx in advance

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,621 Trailblazer
    Options

The PS5's HDMI-2.1 VRR protocol should be backward compatible with the X27p's HDMI-2.0 VRR protocol.

However, the keywords are "should be" --- as opposed to --- "is".

As with most bleeding edge new technologies, there are no 100% guarantees if that's what you're waiting to hear before you'll try one and see.

I'd guess the chances are over 50% that it will work. Accordingly, you should buy one from a vendor with a good returns policy just in case it doesn't.

Jack E/NJ

• SaltyT3xan
    SaltyT3xan Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hey everyone, I know this post from OP from 2022, but I happen to come across it when I was googling VVR for my Acer X27p. Yes VVR does work thru the HDMI 2.0 port. It seems to be on when I'm playing Diablo 4 and The Show 24 for example. When you are running games on the PS5, click on menu, then go to Information. You will see the MODE: NVIDIA G-SYNC is turned on. This means VVR is working. Our monitors use NVIDA G-SYNC Ultimate which means G-SYNC plus VVR. It's confusing, but I found this article that explains it: https://tftcentral.co.uk/news/acer-predator-x27-p-with-minor-updates-now-supporting-vrr-over-hdmi#:~:text=Acer%20Predator%20X27%20P%20with%20Minor%20Updates%20Now%20Supporting%20VRR%20Over%20HDMI,-September%205%2C%202019

Here are some pic examples. I ordered a HDMI 2.1 to disport 1.4 cable on Amazon and should receive it tomorrow. Reason why is because if you use the monitor's HDMI 2.0 port, it does not support Full RGB range, it's Limited. Also the format is not RGB.

I hope this helps!