Swift 1 SF113-31 Won't Turn On when plugged the charger there is a light indication but not turn on.

Options
HollyH
HollyH Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in Swift and Spin Series

Power button isn't doing anything. When charger is plugged in, charging light is blue but no indication in other led when trying to turn on.

I've tried doing the battery reset with the pin hole, battery still showing as fully charged and laptop still not turning on. Help?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,556 Trailblazer
    Options

Let's try to do this again this way.

1. Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds.
    2. Then unplug charger.
    3. Then gently insert and press paperclip into battery disconnect pinhole again for about 60 seconds
    4. Then plug the charger back in. Wait for the battery LED to turn sold blue again.
    5. Then quick press the power button

Jack E/NJ

• HollyH

Tinkerer

Options

Still nothing. No power and the charging light remains blue regardless of battery disconnect.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options

@egydiocoelho Yes, thru the pinhole for 60seconds, not the mainboard battery connector.

@HollyH Did this happen suddenly for no apparent reason?

Jack E/NJ

• HollyH

Tinkerer

Options

As far as I can tell yeah, I haven't used it for a few days but before that it was working normally .

• William_mk2
    Options

@HollyH

It might also be the issue with battery, charger or power outlet.  Try to use the charger in a different room on a different power outlet. Try to bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to power outlet.  Try to use an alternative charger if possible.  Try to turn on the computer without the charger and check it ( as long as the battery is not drained out )  

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• HollyH

Tinkerer

Options

The battery is fully charged, the led changed from orange to blue. It doesn't turn on plugged or unplugged. I'm thinking it's to do with the power button now.

Thanks for the help though everyone!

• JackE
    Options

>>>before that it was working normally .>>>I'm thinking it's to do with the power button now.>>>

I tend to agree. Did you have any issues with or weird unexplained responses from the keyboard just before this happened?

Jack E/NJ

• HollyH

Tinkerer

Options

Nope! I mainly use it for writing so I would have noticed that.

• JackE
    Options

Some mainboards have a safety interlock switch that cuts all power if the bottom cover isn't tight enough or misaligned with the top cover. Try using a small phillips head screwdriver to make sure all screws on bottom cover are fairly snug. Not super-tight. Just not loose either.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

The SF113-31 doesn't have a case open switch, only the battery reset switch, so it's not a warped case issue.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Options

Au contraire. Some mainboards do in fact have the switch. While other just have solder bumps where the switch would go.Depends on the submodel. Probably production changes without notice.

Jack E/NJ

• Kiwikim
    Kiwikim Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem

with a brand new computer I bought about a month ago and used about 7 times. When I googled this question I see that this same problem with Acer computers has been happening since 2018! There are a lot of the same question all over the internet. Not good enough Acer.

My last laptop was Acer swift too and I loved it till I stood in it! I thought I can’t go wrong buying the same laptop just a few years newer model. There is obviously a problem with these computers and if this has been going on for so many years why hasn’t Acer fixed this glitch! I

i have looked everywhere, watched YouTube videos, spent a 6 hours trying every possible trick and it was a waste of time.

im totally about to blow my own fuse in a minute, I spent all the money I had on this and I have so much work that I need to do one this computer that I can’t do on my

phond, well I can but my finger will fall off and I can’t bloody see! Lol.

mum mad! Get your ***** together Acer not good enough. Very disappointing

• HollyH

Tinkerer

Options

I've just taken it for repair, I'll let you know if they fix the problem and what it was!

• JackE
    Options

Click this link. Choose your country or region. Click support button near top of country page. Enter your machine's serial number id (SNID). Then arrange for warranty repair via chatline, phone or other contact method provided.

Jack E/NJ

• HollyH

Tinkerer

Options

Unfortunately they couldn't find the issue and its not able to be fixed, sorry to anyone else looking for advice!

• JackE
    Options

>>>Unfortunately they couldn't find the issue and its not able to be fixed, sorry to anyone else looking for advice!>>>

Who are "they"?

Jack E/NJ

• HollyH

Tinkerer

Options

The people at the repair shop

• JackE
    Options
    1. Yes, but were they with an authorized Acer service center?
    2. And did they give you a diagnosis and repair cost estimate?

Jack E/NJ

• HollyH

Tinkerer

Options

No, the insurance service couldn't take it without wiping it so I took it to a local repair shop and they couldn't find/ fix the issue. There isn't a cost because they couldn't figure it out.