Swift 1 SF113-31 Won't Turn On when plugged the charger there is a light indication but not turn on.

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,555 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>No, the insurance service couldn't take it without wiping it>>>

Sounds like the Acer service found a bad mainboard. The unremoveable storage chip is part of the bad mainboard and thus can't be saved. Unless you had a separate removeable m.2 data storage card installed, a new mainboard means a new storage chip. You might as well let the service replace the mainboard as you can't even use the machine with a bad mainboard

Jack E/NJ

• HollyH
    HollyH Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options

No I'm sorry, it wasn't taken by the acer service. I wanted to see if it could be fixed elsewhere first so I wouldn't lose everything on it. However they couldn't fix it.

But yes the problem does seem to be with the board. I'm just going to get a new laptop. It was 4 years old, so it's sort of expected.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,555 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>I'm just going to get a new laptop. It was 4 years old,.>>>

OK. That sounds like the best decision. Replacing a mainboard can cost almost as much as the original machine unless you do all the work yourself. Thanks for reporting back. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• herdek550
    herdek550 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I solved an hardware short circuit issue on Acer Swift 1 (SF114-32). So if you also have short circuit, it could cause multiple weird issues like yours.

There is a metal cover inside that is hold in place only by thin piece of metal. It has broken off and was freely moving inside and caused short circuit. There is even some burned plastic and black stains on the metal from the electricity going through it.

It's the small sheet of metal next to the power input and USB ports. You can remove it and the notebook will work just fine.

See my full issue description and solution with pictures on Stack Exchange:

https://superuser.com/q/1760223/1759950