How To Find Correct Battery Online/Hacker Locked My ComputerNitro 7 - AN715-51

bonnie4
bonnie4 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2022 in Nitro Gaming

Initially my acer was not holding a charge very long after unplugging. Then computer screen was black while plugged in and power light on. Desperate for info I needed I contacted the geeksquad for remote help.I then unplugged and removed battery,went thru steps that was outlined and was able to get back online. Three days later received an invoice stating I had been billed 349.00 for virus protection from geek squad. All went down hill from there, The claim they had re imbursed me wrong amount and I would have to refund. Long story short when I called them on what I was sure a scam and refused to pay ,I was threatened that I would be sorry if I didnt. Next thing I knew my computer was locked with a demand for 500.00 to unlock it.

So my questions are how can I be sure am ordering correct battery HP15-bn070wn online and is there a way to unlock my computer without taking it in.

Thank you,Bonnie

( Edited the title to add the model name )

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon

What is the exact model name? Example AN515-56-50HK.

• bonnie4

This is all I am finding on the battery itself Regulatory model number HSTNN-LB6U Serial number on laptop CND825C6YR On Battery Replace with HP spare 807956-001 And on la[top again says Model 15-bn070wm

Thanks

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon

Sorry, but I don't understand why your Problem is concerning an Acer PC. The serial number CND825C6YR of your laptop identifies the HP Notebook – 15-BN070WM and HP spare 807956-001 is battery only for HP computer.

• bonnie4

I am sorry, reading correct numbers listed wrong laptop. It is HP. Wrong place

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder

@bonnie4 There is nothing you can do, other than maybe try to get a windows installable on a USB drive, and reinstalling windows clean. Or changing your ssd/hdd to a new one and start clean. From what you stated it looks like the so called geeksquad (these aren't geeksquad if my guess here is right; you got scammed) installed a potential software that allows for remote locking.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045