How fix gpu usage in acer nitro 5 AN515-57-537Y

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,811 Trailblazer

Is battery alone also set to high performance mode?

Jack E/NJ

• Murtadla
    Murtadla Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter
  • JackE
    edited September 2022

>>>Clean windows install>>>

What do you mean by clean install? Was it Acer OEM factory Windows version? Or generic Microsoft Windows version? Windows 10 or Windows 11?

Jack E/NJ

• Murtadla

When I bought it, it was windows 11, so I faced the problem, so I downloaded windows 10, and the problem was not solved, so I came back to windows 11

• Murtadla

When I bought it, it was windows 11, so I faced the problem, so I downloaded windows 10, and the problem was not solved, so I came back to windows 11

• JackE

>>>so I came back to windows 11>>>

Yes, but was it Acer OEM factory Windows 11 from the hidden recovery partition? Or was it generic Microsoft Windows 11 version from the Microsoft site? The Acer OEM Win11 version and the Microsoft generic Win11 version are NOT the same.

Jack E/NJ

• Murtadla

When i bought the laptop the background was have planet9 theme

Does it mean it wsa acer OEM version?

• Murtadla
    edited September 2022

This is my ram

Do they have any problem?

• JackE

>>>When i bought the laptop the background was have planet9 theme>>>Does it mean it was acer OEM version?>>>

Yes. Did you re-install this OEM version from the hidden OEM recovery partition?

Jack E/NJ

• Murtadla
    edited September 2022

No i do not

But i have the same problem on oem version

• JackE

The OEM version may have been corrupted by a bad update. That's why the hidden OEM recovery partition is there so you can re-set the machine to a factory fresh state. Then turn on System Protection so that bad updates can be reversed.

You can try to reset the machine from the hidden OEM partition by pressing and holding the ALT key and tapping the F10 key immediately after turning the machine on. A recovery menu should appear if the hidden OEM partition hasn't been damaged yet by the generic Win10 and Win11 installations.

Jack E/NJ

• Murtadla
  • Murtadla

in the first photo everything is on high and the gpu usage is high but when i put the graphics settings low for more fps the usage drops

• Murtadla
    edited September 2022

And in games that dont require a strong gpu like csgo and r6 the usage is also very low and I get low frames its like the gpu isnt even working or it thinks that it should not be working unless there is a very high demand for it like in games that require a good gpu

• JackE
    Answer ✓

>>>The [oem recovery] option did not appear>>>

Yes, sorry, this often happens after installing the latest generic Win10 versions. But double check your BIOS MAIN page to make sure the D2D option was enabled that allows the recovery method to work.

You can probably try to install an earlier generic Win10 version from an archive site or you can try to get the original factory USB installation from an authorized Acer service center in your country.

Jack E/NJ

• samyakb
    samyakb Member Posts: 12 New User

Me too facing same above problem for acer nitro an515-43(gtx 1650 version) laptop,
    1 . can you please elaborate more why its happening?
    2. how can i get my windows to earlier version when i bought the laptop?
    3. Does it mean, we should not update the windows version to prevent this issue?

• samyakb

Me too facing same above problem for acer nitro an515-43(gtx 1650 version) laptop,
    1 . can you please elaborate more why its happening?
    2. how can i get my windows to earlier version when i bought the laptop?
    3. Does it mean, we should not update the windows version to prevent this issue?

• JackE

https://community.acer.com/en/profile/samyakb

Try re-setting the system by using the ALT+F10 cold boot method as described in this link.

Jack E/NJ

• samyakb

I am not gonna lie, I have formatted my laptop at least 10 times and sometime installed windows 10 and several time windows 11 but same scenario of low gpu usage and high cpu usage.

• JackE

> >I am not gonna lie, I have formatted my laptop at least 10 times and
    sometime installed windows 10 and several time windows 11 but same
    scenario of low gpu usage and high cpu usage.> >

Unfortunately, this means the original hidden factory ALT+F10 recovery partition has likely been overwritten by these multiple installations. While alternating high and low CPU usage is entirely expected depending on the program or app loads, you should probably try to re-install Win10 (not Win11) and then apply the latest Win10 chipset driver, BIOS update and NitroSense version at this link.

Jack E/NJ