Acer XB323UGP - Vertical lines, Flickering

124»

FAQ & Answers

• Dean478Dean478 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Ithildae said:
    omg ... update: The Viewsonic XG320Q has the exact same issue!
    If that's the case I suspect the ASUS variant will have it too. It seems these all use the same panel.
  • IthildaeIthildae Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

Dean478 said:
    If that's the case I suspect the ASUS variant will have it too. It seems these all use the same panel.
    Right. Funny how different the price tag is for the same panel. I paid 830 EUR for the ViewSonic, will send it back. I'm now looking for a 32'' monitor without HDR.
  • nneonneo Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast
    edited April 8
    Guys, I'm on an un-well-known model XV253QX and got the same issue.

Conclusion: stay out of AUO panels/monitors  :p
  • cineconcinecon Member Posts: 3 New User
    I'm on my 4th replacement. The first one I replaced because of a faulty stand. The rest because they arrived with dead pixels. The one that I am using right now was one of the models I had earlier rejected as it had dead pixels. Somehow they managed to fix it and return it back to me. And now I am getting vertical lines ever so often, specially after I leave the monitor on idle for a little while. Thing is the vertical lines go away after 10 minutes or so. My worry is: will it get worse in the future? If so maybe I should ask Acer for a refund because this is ridiculous. First a faulty stand, then dead pixels and now this! I thought the predator line was the best that Acer had!
  • Der_Meis7erDer_Meis7er Member Posts: 2 New User
    Edge74 said:
    For those still in pain with this monitor, some interesting clues from person with same issue.

I found a web page which served me as a reliable trigger for getting the lines and flickering on.
    I'm using Edge(Chromium), dark mode. 
    Block 10 APG-70 Radar Flashcards | Quizlet

Cable type (DP including those expensive with v1.4 markings, does not help), relocating DP away from power supply, USB and network cables, also a dud).
    Vertical frequency, lowering to 60Hz or setting up a custom resolution, zero point.

Now, the blast.
    Nvidia control panel, Display section, Change resolution
    OUTPUT DYNAMIC RANGE - set to limited, lines/flickering - GONE

For some reason, monitor has a problem with the driver or it's out of specification for full dynamic range.

I usually get horrible flickering on my XB323UGP while playing Escape from Tarkov in Dark areas. basically vertical lines everywhere and ghosting that only goes away if i get to a bright location after some time.

I Just tried setting the OUTPUT DYNAMIC RANGE - set to limited, lines - GONE /flickering -  Not GONE (might be Gsync related).

just thought I'd put it out there for people to try out.

• Edge74Edge74 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Obviously there is more than a single cause contributing to the stripes and flickering.
    During last few months I used various settings with Acer Display Widget, trying to find the culprit. Nothing so war helped to narrow it down except few cases where stripes were present when monitor was in 100, 144 and 165 Hz mode while setting to 120Hz cleared the screen in split second.

• MichalTMichalT Member Posts: 1 New User
    Turning ON super sharpness in monitor PICTURE settings fixed the issue for me.