Cannot install predator sense, predator sense cannot open(computer not supported) PT315-53

af2003
af2003 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited June 19 in Predator Laptops
Hello I  recently received my laptop back from repair 3 weeks ago with a motherboard replacement.

3 weeks later after restarting my laptop i noticed a blue rectangle popup saying predator sense cannot open, i went into app settings repaired and rest the app and wouldn't still open app so i uninstalled. 
I then went to Acer's driver website  for my model PT315-53 and downloaded predator sense for my OS windows then bam clicked install, other to find a pop up computer not supported. I am  now wondering what to do and when i go to care centre my laptop name is Aspier XXXX with a different SNID number that is not recognised on Acers system.

Any help would be appreciated, but it is safe to say i am not gonna buy an acer product again.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi @ af2003

This computer is not supported” when installing the PredatorSense software. This error may occur if the model name in the BIOS does not include the word Predator (i.e., G6-710 instead of Predator G6-710). You can verify the system model name in the Acer Care Center application as shown in the screenshot below.

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @af2003,

One of the quickest ways to fix PredatorSense issues is to uninstall and reinstall the app.
    • Launch the Task Manager, right-click on PredatorSense and close the app.
    • Check again and close out of all Predator instances.
    • Then uninstall the app and restart your computer.
    • After you do that, go to Acer's official website.
    https://bestgamingtips.com/fix-predatorsense-not-working/
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,178 Pathfinder

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• af2003
    af2003 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Thanks all sorted i downloaded predator sense installer and renamed the model name in plug folder to Aspier XXXX and it installed
  • The correct thing is to correct the model name in the bios. I advise contacting acer tech support again so they can correct the model name with the dmitools program.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • PeKuFer
    PeKuFer Member Posts: 1 New User

How can I change the model name? In my bios the name is without "predator".

• This procedure is only performed by technical support.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • evan1993
    evan1993 Member Posts: 2 New User

hey looking for someone to help me installing predator sense and its telling me this computer is not supported. I read here about checking the product name in the BIOS its Predator PO9-600_RGB same as care centre and same in the Plug folder I can't get it installed for over 2 years now.