Acer CloudProfessor BIOS entry how did you get into it?

whitepanda
whitepanda Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2023 in Members Lounge
Has anyone in here successfully get into this device's BIOS settings?  If so, how did you get into it?  I have pretty much tried all the top row including function keys with no success.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Comments

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    To enter BIOS Setup, it is usually the "Delete" key when booting up. Keep hitting the key 3 times every second from power up to the point you see "Entering Setup".
    If there is no response, you probably have a bad keyboard. This happened to my desktop computer, but my problem was the F12 key for entering the "Boot Menu", not the Delete key for entering BIOS Setup.
  • whitepanda
    Thanks for trying to help.  It displays some messages but still can't get in.  I need someone who had successfully gotten into the BIOS of the CloudProfessor to provide me the answer specifically.
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 686 Moderator
    Thanks for trying to help.  It displays some messages but still can't get in.  I need someone who had successfully gotten into the BIOS of the CloudProfessor to provide me the answer specifically.
    Please share the exact model number of your device ex: AN515-XX-XX. This would allow us to provide you better assistance.
  • whitepanda
    The model number of my device is CPF G1U-500.
  • Fixed_term
    Fixed_term Member Posts: 1 New User
    Has anyone in here successfully get into this device's BIOS settings?  If so, how did you get into it?  I have pretty much tried all the top row including function keys with no success.
    I just signed up to answer this… late to the party I know, but just spent the last little while mashing my keyboard trying to figure it out and couldn’t find the answer anywhere else on the internet. 

Its “F2”

model: CPF GU1-500

once in there you can turn on “F12 boot menu” to select the boot drive on start-up or simply change the boot order within the BIOS. 
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @whitepanda and @Fixed_term

Don't know this thread is still alive.

If the keyboard has Fn key, Fn+F2 will get into the BIOS. I suppose @Whitepanda finally saw the message at lower left hand corner and had it figured out.
  • Faruk66
    Faruk66 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello......

BIOS is software program or firmware that provides the computer with the instructions that it needs to initialize your computer when it is first powered on.

You can follow this article How to Enter the BIOS Setup

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 686 Moderator

Hello everyone,

While our members are generally eager to provide useful information, be advised that Acer does not validate third party external links for downloads and is not responsible for them. We also cannot attest to the safety of third-party websites.

Acquiring files through such links is at the user’s own risk.

Regards,

Acer-Samuel

Community Moderator