How does warranty affect the adding of a SSD to a laptop - ConceptD CN517-71

Options
ThierryH
ThierryH Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I've just bought a ConceptD CN517-71 laptop. This is delivered with a system to mount a second SSD or hard drive, and a link to the Acer website page with instructions how to install such a drive.

What about the warranty if I do it myself (or if I let it do by a local computer shop)?
There is no mention of that on this official website page. That would mean I'm allowed to do it.
Please let me know.

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Depending on your region there may be a warranty void sticker on it. If there is then you can't change the drives but for most places replacing or adding drives has no effect on the warranty :)
  • ThierryH
    ThierryH Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi Leostat,

I don't see any sticker about the warranty. That should be a good sign.

I'm based in Belgium (Flanders), so I guess that would be a question for Acer Computer Benelux.

Thanks

• Riho
    Riho Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Does Acer sells kits with the additional SSD, the cable and the mounting bracket?

If not, what are the partnumbers of these items for an Acer ConceptD CN517-71?

The installation instruction is great, but it is a pitty that no part numbers are given.

Is the storage capacity limited? Would a Samsung 870 EVO 2,5 inch 4TB fit for this upgrade?

Thanks for the support!